The perfect brownie cookie recipe that you’ll make time and again! Chewy, fudgy, and so delicious this is the brownie cookie recipe you’ve been searching for!
It is no secret how much I love chocolate. With one bite of my chocolate cake anyone would know that the person that made that cake was truly in love with rich, indulgent chocolate. So, it’s no wonder that my brownie cookies would be the same, is it?
Even my husband who will tell you that he’s more of a fruit guy than he is chocolate will scarf these cookies down like nobody’s business. His favorite way to eat them? Warmed with a scoop or two of homemade vanilla ice cream. Of course.
To make my brownie cookies, you’ll want to go ahead and prepare yourself for the heady chocolate aroma that these babies produce as you are making them. You’ll want to warn your family – or an even better idea would be to maybe not warn them at all. That’s the trick I sometimes use when I haven’t seen my husband or son in the last little bit and I know that they are somewhere in the house. Baking a batch of cookies draws them out every.single.time!
I can’t say that I blame them. I’m standing right there making them and can’t get over how amazing they smell!
Here’s my Perfect Brownie Cookies Recipe. You guys are going to fall madly, deeply in love with these babies!
Perfect Brownie Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 4 (1.5-ounce) chocolate bars, broken into pieces, broken into pieces
- 4 cups chocolate chips, milk, semi-sweet or dark, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Add butter, strong brewed coffee, chocolate bars and 2 cups chocolate chips to a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently to prevent from sticking as it melts. Remove from heat once melted and cool completely.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats.
- Beat together eggs and granulated sugar until the eggs have lightened in color with an electric mixer on medium speed. Lower the speed of the mixer and add in vanilla. Slowly stir in cooled melted chocolate mixture and flour mixture, taking care to stop and scrape down the sides and the bottom to make sure well-combined. Stir in remaining 2 cups of chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter with a medium (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon and drop onto prepared baking sheets. Leave about 2 inches of space between each drop of brownie cookie dough to allow the cookies to spread. Place into the preheated oven and bake until the cookies are shiny in color and cooked throughout, about 12 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet with a spatula to a wire rack or a cookie plate. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.