This Grilled Peaches with Honey and Ice Cream recipe is a simple yet decadent dessert! Juicy peaches are lightly grilled then drizzled with honey and served with vanilla ice cream for a treat everyone loves!
Grilled Peaches with Honey and Ice Cream is one of our favorite desserts to make during the height of Georgia peach season. Ripe juicy peaches are one of my favorites all on their own, but they become even juicier and sweeter in this recipe! Drizzled with a bit of honey and served with creamy ice cream, this recipe becomes a dessert so decadent you’ll want to serve it for all your summer entertaining! Make sure to grab some ripe peaches when you can so that you can enjoy this amazing dessert!
Table of Contents
Ripe, juicy peaches are an iconic part of summer – especially here in the south. I anxiously wait on these beauties to reach their peak each year. Once they are ready, you can find me at the farmstand filling big baskets with fresh peaches. With my bounty home, I think of all the delicious peach recipes I’ll make all year, so I prep a big batch of peaches to freeze and then use some for other favorites like my Peach Cobbler. And I always save some to enjoy for snacks, breakfast recipes like Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats and recipes like these mouthwatering Grilled Peaches.
How to Make Grilled Peaches with Honey and Ice Cream
This simple, easy, and quick grilled peaches recipe is a favorite in my house all summer long. It is great for easy family suppers, entertaining guests, and a wonderful dessert to make when you’re camping.
Grilling peaches is quick and simple, so in around 10 minutes you have this perfect summertime dessert. Along with peach cobbler, it’s a favorite peach dessert!
Let me share how to make it.
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
The ingredients for this recipe are really simple:
- Peaches – Use fresh, really ripe peaches for the best grilled peaches. Cut them in half and remove the peach pits.
- Honey – Use enough honey to drizzle as many peaches as you grill for your dessert. Definitely don’t skip the honey – it brings out a flavor in the grilled peaches that is incredibly delicious!
- Vanilla Ice Cream – The ice cream is optional and is made ahead of time so that it’s ready before you grill the peaches. If you need to make ice cream without an ice cream maker, try my No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream.
Tip for Ripe Peaches
If your peaches aren’t fully ripe when you buy them, you can just leave them on the counter for a day or two and they will ripen. You can also keep them in a brown paper bag on the counter to ripen them even more quickly.
- Preheat your grill. Make sure to preheat the grill or grill pan to 350 degrees. Don’t put peaches on a cold grill grate or pan as they may stick.
- Grill peaches. Place each peach half with the flesh side (juicy inside) down onto the preheated grill grates first for about 4-5 minutes. Watch grill for flare ups, but by putting flesh side down first, it helps to avoid those. The grill brings out the full flavor of the peaches, making them even juicier and more tender.
- Turn and continue to grill. Flip each peach half to the skin side down. Grill for about 4-5 minutes on this side as well. The juices will begin to pool inside the middle of each peach half where the pit was removed. Absolute deliciousness!
- Remove from grill. Pull the peaches off of the grill and then add them to serving bowls.
- Add the ice cream. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream beside peaches in each bowl, if you like.
- Drizzle and serve. Do not skip the honey. Drizzle the peaches and ice cream (if used) with honey. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is meant to be served fresh, but most definitely do not waste a single bite of these grilled peaches if you have any left over. You can use the grilled peaches to top your slow cooker oatmeal, in overnight oats, or to add to a salad. And they are just perfect to use in my Peach Ice Cream recipe!
To store. After the peaches are cool, store in airtight container and refrigerate. Use the next day if possible, but within 1-2 days. Top with the toppings as in this dessert recipe or use in alternative recipes as mentioned.
Additional Topping Options
The simplicity of this Grilled Peaches with Honey and Ice Cream recipe is one of the things that makes it perfect, but there are some toppings that are delicious if you’d like to try them:
Roasted Pecans or Sliced Almonds – a few crumbled and tossed on top
Sprinkle of Honey Nut Granola
Cinnamon Pecans – crumble a few on top
Homemade Whipped Cream – can be used instead of ice cream for a lighter option if you wish
Frequently Asked Questions
No – leave the skin on the peaches. The peaches become very soft and even sweeter and juicier when grilling.
Yes – use a preheated grill pan brushed with a bit of olive oil or coconut oil. Proceed with grilling the peach halves as instructed in the recipe.
More Favorite Summer Recipes
Grilled Peaches Recipe
- 8 peaches, halved with pit removed but not peeled
- vanilla ice cream, optional
- honey to drizzle
- Heat grill or grill pan to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place peaches on preheated grill flesh side down for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Flip to the skin side for an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Drizzle with honey.
Storage TipsThis dessert is meant to be eaten warm and fresh, but you’ll definitely want to save any leftover grilled peaches! To store. After the peaches are cool, store in airtight container and refrigerate. Use the next day if possible, but within 1-2 days. Top with the toppings as in this dessert recipe or use in alternative recipes as mentioned. The nutritional information is for the peaches and honey only. You will need to add the nutritional information for the brand of ice cream you use.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Originally published 2011.