This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Classic Peach Pie Recipe is an easy favorite pie recipe! Made with a homemade lattice-topped double crust and filled with delicious peaches!
Juicy ripe peaches are a summer favorite in my house! I stalk the farmer’s market in the summer until the fresh peaches appear. Once I gather my bounty of fresh peaches to take home, it’s exciting to begin making so many delicious peach recipes. But I am most eager to make this Classic Peach Pie recipe that’s been in my family for generations! This is such a simple, yet scrumptious pie recipe and makes the best peach pie!
Classic Peach Pie Recipe
I get my peach stalking habit from my grandmother. As soon as our small town grocery store or fruit stand got fresh Georgia peaches every summer, she would buy baskets of them and go home to bake this peach pie for dessert. Maybe that is why fresh peach pie has always been a signal to me that summer was in full swing!
How To Make this Peach Pie
To make this pie, you’ll need these ingredients:
- 2 – Perfect Pie Crust Recipe
- Peaches – This pie is scrumptious in the summer made with fresh juicy peaches, but you can use frozen peaches (thawed and drained well) or canned peaches (drained well). Enjoy this pie year round!
- Sugar – You will mix some of this with your sliced peaches and some to sprinkle on top of the crust at the end over the melted butter.
- All Purpose Flour – It combines with the peaches and sugar to make a thick syrup when you simmer a bit before assembling your pie.
- Melted Butter – Helps to make such a golden brown, delicious pie crust when brushed atop your beautiful assembled lattice pie crust.
What Makes this the Best Peach Pie?
There are two things that make this peach pie delectable in my mind: the peaches and the pie crust. We’ve already talked about the peaches, now let’s discuss the pie crust.
Since this pie recipe is a double crust with a lattice top, you get plenty of flaky, delicious crust in every bite. Therefore, you want to make sure that you use my Perfect Pie Crust for this pie. It makes all the difference!
To make the pie, first preheat oven to 425ºF.
Prepare Pie Crusts
Then prepare two pie crusts according to instructions in the recipe. Arrange one pie crust dough into a pie dish and freeze according to the instructions. Roll the second pie crust dough and cut into 1-inch thick strips, refrigerate until ready to top the peach pie in a lattice pattern.
Prepare the Pie Filling
Place the peaches, sugar, and flour in a large saucepan place on stovetop over low heat. Stir well and simmer over low heat until a thick syrup has formed, about 10 minutes. Then remove from heat and set aside and allow to cool slightly.
Assemble the Pie
Remove the pie plate with the pie crust from the freezer and the pie crust strips from the refrigerator. Pour peaches on top of the bottom dough. Arrange the strips on top of peaches in a lattice pattern.
Final Steps Before Baking
Brush the lattice top with melted butter and sprinkle top of the pie with 2 tablespoons sugar. This makes the lattice crust brown beautifully and have a nice crunch to the crust. I definitely recommend that you not skip that step!
Bake the Pie
Place the pie into the heated oven and bake until the crust has browned, about 30 minutes. Remove pie from the oven and allow to rest about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Other Favorite Pie Recipes
Other Recipes with Peaches
If you love peaches, you may also want to try these favorite recipes too!
How To Freeze Peaches – So you can enjoy juicy peaches beyond summer!
Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce – Spicy, sweet summer favorite!
Peach Ice Cream – Rich, creamy classic summertime favorite!
Peach Jelly – Delicious, homemade family recipe
Peach Tea – Refreshing on a hot summer day! Great for entertaining!
Here’s my classic Peach Pie recipe. I sure hope you love it as much as we do!
Classic Peach Pie Recipe
- 2 pie crust recipe
- 4 cups sliced peaches
- 1 cup sugar + 2 tablespoons for topping
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Prepare two pie crusts according to instructions in the recipe. Arrange one pie crust dough into a pie dish and freeze according to the instructions. Roll the second pie crust dough and cut into 1-inch thick strips, refrigerate until ready to top the peach pie.
- Place the peaches, sugar, and flour in a large saucepan set over low heat. Stir well and simmer over low heat until a thick syrup has formed, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove pie plate from the freezer and the strips from the refrigerator. Pour peaches on top of the bottom dough. Arrange the strips on top of peaches in a lattice pattern. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle top of cobbler with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Place the pie into the oven and bake until the crust has browned, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest about 5 minutes before serving.