This simple parfait is perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert! Made of roasted cherries, yogurt, and a quick granola crumble, this cherry parfait is a favorite!
There is just something about a parfait that I love. Maybe it is the mixture of creamy and crunchy with sweet and scrumptious! This roasted cherry parfait has to be one of my favorite parfait recipes, too. Which is saying a lot considering how much I love my peach version! It begins with roasting fresh, or even frozen, whole cherries and making a quick granola.
Layered with Greek yogurt or your own favorite yogurt, it makes for a decadent and satisfying treat.
By roasting the cherries, they release even more of their juices and softens them a bit, making them even easier to eat and enjoy in this parfait. Again, you can use fresh cherries that you’ve pitted when they are in season or you can also use frozen cherries making this a year-round favorite.
For the granola crumble, I used oats, nuts, and shredded coconut. Of course, you can easily customize this to include your favorites. I love the flavor combination of cherries, coconut, and almonds, so that was what I included. Walnut, pecans or pistachios would also be delicious in this parfait.
My recipe is for one large parfait, but is perfect for making as two, if you prefer.
Here’s my Roasted Cherry Parfait Recipe. I hope you love it!
Roasted Cherry Parfait Recipe
- 1 cup cherries pitted
- 1 cup quick-cook oats
- 1/2 cup nuts almonds, walnuts, pecans, or pistachios
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Place cherries on one side of the baking sheet.
- To make granola crumble, mix together oats, nuts, coconut and honey. Spread in an even layer on the other half of the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly before assembling the parfait.
- To assemble: spoon half of yogurt into the bottom of a small glass or serving dish. Top with half of granola crumble and then half of cherries. Repeat another layer of yogurt, then granola crumble and then cherries.