Skillet Mediterranean Chicken Recipe – This quick and easy skillet chicken recipe is packed full of flavor! Simple enough for a busy weeknight, yet perfect for entertaining!
If you’ve noticed anything about me, you’ve most likely noticed how much I love easy skillet recipes. I’ve mentioned for years how much I adore skillets and use them for everything from cooking breakfast in the mornings to desserts! But, you know, my absolute favorite way to use them is for quick and easy suppers. For that purpose, they are indispensible!
And if you love these easy as can be types of recipes, then this Skillet Mediterranean Chicken recipe is one that I think you are absolutely going to adore!
To make it, I start by seasoning boneless, skinless chicken breasts with my Italian seasoning mix and then quickly browning each side in a little olive oil in my skillet. Then, I remove the chicken to a plate and make the marinara sauce right in the same skillet!
This flavorful dish is excellent served over pasta or mashed potatoes, but I especially love it over spiralized zucchini! It makes a filling, healthy meal that everyone loves! It works perfectly for families following a Paleo, Whole 30, as well as a gluten and dairy-free lifestyle!
Here’s my Skillet Mediterranean Chicken Recipe. I hope you make it soon!
Skillet Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken generously with Italian Seasoning Mixl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, and cook for several minutes on each side until browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet onto a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil, garlic and onion and cook until the onion is just tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and olives and return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook until the chicken has cooked throughout, about 15 more minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.