This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Skillet roasted sweet potatoes make a favorite side dish! Made with just a few ingredients, this skillet recipe makes the sweet potatoes crisp, yet tender.
Sweet potatoes have been a favorite of Sam’s since I first started roasting and pureeing them for him as a little fella. From sweet potato fries to sweet potato casserole, it is one of the vegetables I can count on him devouring.
I always love looking back at photos of him with his orange tinted nose from eating so many sweet potatoes and carrots way back then. He was just the cutest! Still is, I think.
This easy skillet roasted version makes for a super simple and delicious side dish that is a weeknight staple around here. It’s definitely one of my favorites because it is just so incredibly quick and easy to peel, slice and toss them into the skillet with a few ingredients. I like to brown them for just a few minutes on the cooktop and then finish them off in the oven until they are tender throughout with a nice crisp exterior!
Here’s my Skillet Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Skillet Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Drizzle olive oil into a medium skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Then add in sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned about 5 minutes or so. Remove from cooktop and place into preheated oven and roast for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, if using.