Sweet Potato Fries are simple to make and so scrumptious to eat! Baked in the oven, you’ll find yourself making these sweet potato fries as much as possible.
Sweet Potato Fries are seriously addictive and one of the best things in all the land. Seriously. I can’t get enough of them. Luckily, since they are baked in the oven, they make a healthy side dish that I feel good about serving my family. High in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, beta carotene and fiber, sweet potatoes are one of those vegetables can be in any number of ways. However, my son’s absolute favorite is as these sweet potato fries. It’s easy to see why!
To make them, I begin by preheating my oven to 500º F. Then, I cut my sweet potatoes into long, even strips and place them onto a wire rack atop a prepared sheet pan. After the fries have cooked for a few minutes, I reduce the oven heat a bit and allow them to cook longer until crisp.
Here’s my Sweet Potato Fries recipe. I think you’ll love them as much as we do!
Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 - 2 tablespoons spice blend such as: spicy dry rub, apple pie spice, or cajun spice mix or fresh herbs
- Preheat oven to 500º F.
- Line rimmed baking sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place a wire cooling rack onto baking sheet pan. Set aside.
- Scrub sweet potatoes well or peel them if so desired. Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and then slice into evenly sized wedges or fries. Place potato slices into a bowl and add oil, salt and preferred spices or herbs. Toss well to coat all slices.
- Place sweet potato slices in an even layer onto wire rack baking sheet pan making sure not to overlap to allow potatoes to cook evenly and crisp. Bake until potatoes are fork tender inside and crisp on the outside, about 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350º F and bake for 10-20 minutes based on the size of the wedges or slices you cut.