This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges make an easy, delicious recipe! Made with just four ingredients in the oven or as air fryer sweet potato wedges!
If you enjoy any recipe with a sweet potato like my family does, I know you are going to love this Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges recipe! They are so easy to make and yet they have a little extra something special over a regular roasted recipe. And I think the little bit of spiciness with the delicious cool and creamy Avocado Dip make this dish a winner!
I’ve updated this recipe to provide cooking instructions for roasting them in the oven as well now making them as easy air fryer sweet potato wedges! I think you’ll love being able to make them either way!
Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
So, let’s talk more about these spicy wedges.
Ingredients Needed to Make Sweet Potato Wedges
You’ll only need 4 basic ingredients to make this delicious recipe!
- Sweet potatoes. They are the star of this show! Use medium, unblemished sweet potatoes. You can leave the sweet potatoes with their peelings on for more nutrients or peel them based on your preference.
- Olive oil. Just a bit to coat your sweet potatoes for cooking. You can also substitute with your favorite oil, such as melted coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Stone House Seasoning. This is my family’s “house” seasoning that we love to use with just about everything. It is a perfectly proportioned blend of salt, pepper, and garlic that adds so much flavor to all sorts of dishes from meats, fish, vegetables, and more!
- Chili powder. A little bit of chili powder just adds a bit of zip to this recipe. If you are serving to someone that doesn’t chili powder, you can simply omit it or reduce it to a minimum.
How to Make Sweet Potato Wedges in the Oven
Step 1: Prepare the Sweet Potatoes and Seasoning
Preheat the oven to 450º F. Slice the ends off of the sweet potatoes. Then, cut them in half and then cut each half into four equal sized wedges. You will have eight sweet potato wedges per sweet potato.
If you do not already have Stone House Seasoning prepared, simply add 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, and ½ teaspoon granulated garlic to a rimmed baking sheet. Then add the ½ teaspoon of chili powder.
Step 2: Toss Sweet Potato Wedges in the Oil and Seasoning
Add the sweet potato wedges to the baking sheet with the seasoning. Drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to make sure all of the potato wedges are well coated.
Step 3: Roast the Sweet Potato Wedges in the Oven
You’ll want to roast them until they begin to brown, the outside becomes crispy and the inside is fork tender. This takes about 25 minutes. If you like them crispier, you can roast a bit longer.
How to Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
Step 1: Prepare the Sweet Potatoes and Seasoning
Preheat the air fryer to 400º F for 5 minutes.
Slice the ends off of the sweet potatoes. Then, cut them in half and then cut each half into four equal sized wedges. You will have eight sweet potato wedges per sweet potato.
If you do not already have Stone House Seasoning prepared, simply add 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, and ½ teaspoon granulated garlic to a rimmed baking sheet or large bowl. Then add the ½ teaspoon of chili powder.
Step 2: Toss the Wedges in the Oil and Seasoning
Add the sweet potato wedges to the baking sheet or bowl with the seasoning. Drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to make sure all of the potato wedges are well coated.
Step 3: Cook the Sweet Potato Wedges in the Air Fryer
Spritz the air fryer basket with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray. Add a single layer of the wedges to the basket of the air fryer. Be sure that they are not touching as this can cause the sweet potatoes to steam instead of becoming crispy. You may have to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
Cook for 10 minutes on one side and then carefully turn the sweet potato wedges to cook until they reach the desired crispiness, about 10 – 12 more minutes.
Note that the cooking time for each air fryer may be different. Watch them closely after the first 10 minutes to ensure they cook to your desired level of crispiness.
Once they are done, just remove them from the oven or air fryer and serve!
Tips for Crispy Sweet Potato Wedges
There are a few things that you can do to make sure that your sweet potato wedges are crispy. Here are some tips.
1. Pat Them Dry
After slicing, pat the wedges completely dry with a paper towel to remove any moisture. Then add the oil and spices.
2. Give Them Some Space
Make sure that the wedges are not touching while cooking as they will steam and not be as crispy.
3. Cook a Bit Longer
Oven temperatures can sometimes vary and can range from cooler to hotter. So if your wedges aren’t as crispy as you’d like, you may need to cook your wedges just a little bit longer than specified in the recipe directions in order to get them to your desired level of crispness.
What to Serve with Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
While they are delicious all on their own, I love serving with this amazing avocado dip. The flavors and textures compliment each other perfectly and make such a delicious dish. They make the perfect side dish to so many favorites like our favorite hamburgers, ribeye steaks, pulled pork sandwiches and even our weeknight favorite baked chicken!
Here’s my Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges Recipe. I hope you love them as much as my family does!
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges Recipe
- 3 medium sweet potatoes scrubbed clean
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Prep the Sweet Potatoes
- Cut the ends off of the sweet potatoes and then cut the sweet potatoes in half. Next, cut each half into four equal sized wedges. You should have 8 wedges. Arrange the wedges on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle the sweet potato wedges with Stone House Seasoning and chili powder. Toss the sweet potato wedges to coat well with the oil and the seasonings.
Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
- Preheat the oven to 450º F.
- Place the baking sheet with the seasoned sweet potato wedges into the preheated oven. Roast until the potatoes are browned, crispy on the outside and fork tender on the inside, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- Preheat air fryer to 400º F. Spritz the air fryer basket with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray. Arrange a single layer of the seasoned sweet potato wedges onto the air fryer basket, taking care not to let the wedges touch. You may have to cook in batches to prepare all of the wedges depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then turn the wedges over to cook to the desired level of crispiness, about 10 – 12 more minutes. Remove from the air fryer and serve.