Comeback Sauce is one of those amazing inventions that I have no idea who created it, but I sure wish I could hug their neck in gratitude.
A long standing southern classic, Comeback Sauce comes from the Mississippi region of the south – or so I understand – and I couldn’t be happier that friends of ours from that area while growing up introduced it to my family.
Full of delicious flavor, Comeback Sauce is easily one of my favorite go-to items in my refrigerator for all sorts of things. Of course it works perfectly as a dip for chicken fingers, chicken wings, chicken legs, as a salad dressing, and yep – even on eggs. I might be a little weird for admitting that last thing. Sorry.
Just do me a favor and try it soon. I promise you won’t be sorry that you did. I wouldn’t steer you wrong!
Here’s the Comeback Sauce recipe I use. I know you’ll love it!
Comeback Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix mayonnaise, chili sauce, garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and onion powder together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.