This Easy Slow Cooker Ribs Recipe makes the most delicious, tender, fall off the bone ribs! No grill or oven is required with these amazing ribs!
Slow Cooker Ribs are incredibly easy to make and most people would never guess they were made in the slow cooker.
Save time warming up the oven or standing over the heat of the grill if you want to make the absolute best ribs. Because these Slow Cooker Ribs are the most amazing, delicious, tender, fall off the bone ribs ever!
I absolutely love them and I’ve been told time after time that they are now so many other’s favorite ribs now too. And they couldn’t be easier. The secret is how I make them in the slow cooker.
Easy Slow Cooker Ribs Recipe
How Many Ribs Per Person Do I Need?
When planning to make these slow cooker ribs, you’ll want to determine how many people you’ll be serving. I always like to add a little extra to my estimate so that I have leftovers or extras if needed.
Minimum as part of meal. My rule of thumb for determining how many ribs per person I need is to plan for 1/2 pound of ribs on average if I have a well planned menu including great side dishes.
Maximum as part of meal. If I know I’ll be serving a lot of hungry people, and mainly hungry men, I go ahead and plan for 1 pound of ribs per person.
Buffet or Appetizer. If the ribs are a part of an appetizer or other meats are being served, I plan between 1/4 and 1/2 pound of ribs per person.
How to Make Easy Slow Cooker Ribs
To make these fabulous ribs, you’ll need:
- BBQ Sauce – you can use a favorite brand you purchase, but this sauce is scrumptious, simple to make and makes amazing ribs!
Step by Step Instructions
Arrange the ribs.
- To make them, start by spritzing the slow cooker insert with olive oil spray or nonstick cooking spray.
- Then, arrange the rack of ribs along the edges of the slow cooker like shown in second photo on this page. Depending on the size of your slow cooker and the size of your ribs, you can determine how many racks you can fit. For my 6-quart slow cooker, I’ve managed to snuggle in 5 about 2-pound each, racks of ribs.
Add the sauce.
- Add about 3/4 cup of Homemade BBQ Sauce to the ribs.
Set the slow cooker and cook.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 8 hours on Low or cook on High for 4 hours.
Prep and Serve the ribs.
- When ribs are done and before serving, cut the rack into individual ribs.
- Brush ribs with around 1/4 cup of Homemade BBQ Sauce like to finish them off with a fresh glaze of BBQ sauce prior to serving.
- Serve on a platter with bit of additional BBQ Sauce on the side.
Favorite BBQ Sauces for Ribs:
- Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Mama’s Coca Cola BBQ Sauce
- Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce
- Sweet & Spicy Molasses BBQ Sauce (from the Add a Pinch Cookbook)
You can also use your favorite prepared barbecue sauce if you wish.
Side Dishes for with Slow Cooker Ribs
These ribs go with so many side dishes from a simple House Salad to a favorite casserole. Here are some other sides we enjoy with them:
Here’s my Slow Cooker Ribs recipe. I hope you love them as much as my family does!
Easy Slow Cooker Ribs Recipe
- 3 pounds ribs
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce homemade or store-bought
- Spritz slow cooker insert with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange the rack of ribs by standing them on their ends around the edges of the insert.
- Pour about 3/4 cup of the BBQ sauce over the ribs, place the lid onto the slow cooker and set the timer for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Before serving, remove the ribs from the slow cooker and cut into individual ribs. Brush with additional BBQ sauce, about 1/4 cup. Serve on a platter with remaining sauce.