Grilled Chicken Legs Recipe – Chicken recipes are always a crowd-pleaser and this easy grilled chicken leg recipe will become a favorite!
There is just something about the simplicity of grilled chicken legs that I love.
Maybe it’s that chicken legs are just so simple and homey, comforting and delicious. It could be that I remember them being my favorite piece of chicken from my childhood or that they now are my son’s.
But, whatever the reason, I realize that I just don’t cook them nearly as often as I should.
I usually reserve this recipe for grilled chicken legs for the warmer months of spring and summer, but the other day before I headed out for the grocery store, my husband told me he would love to have these soon.
Well, you know that moved chicken legs to the top of my grocery list, don’t you? I was now on a mission to bring a little bit of a warm weather meal to our house.
The chicken marinade is really what makes this grilled chicken so special.
I share all about the chicken marinade in another recipe post. It is one of those marinade recipes that just always works and everyone raves over. It comes together quickly and easily and imparts such a magical flavor in any chicken recipe that you use it with – whether grilled or baked! But, since Sam loves grilled chicken legs, that is where we are using it today!
Once I’ve mixed up my chicken marinade, I just pour it over the chicken legs that have been placed in a large zip top bag.
Seal up the bag and turn from side to side to make sure all the chicken is well coated.
Then, I place it on a half sheet pan and into the refrigerator for at least an hour, but hopefully overnight so the chicken has plenty of time to soak up all that goodness.
Every few hours, I’ll turn the bag from one side over to the other to keep the chicken coated with the marinade.
Here’s my Grilled Chicken Legs Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Grilled Chicken Legs Recipe
- 12 chicken legs
- Chicken Marinade
- Place chicken legs into a large zip top bag.
- Pour the chicken marinade over the chicken legs in the zip top bag. Remove as much air as possible from the bag and seal. Turn the bag from side to side to make sure all chicken has been coated with the marinade.
- Place the bag flat on a small, rimmed kitchen sheet pan and into the refrigerator. Allow to sit up to 1 hour or overnight for best results, turning the bag over every few hours to keep the chicken coated.
To Grill Chicken Legs:
- Brush the grill grate with olive oil to coat. Heat the grill to about 350º F. Place chicken onto the grill and cook, turning as needed to cook both sides, until the internal temperature registers 165º F when checked with an instant read thermometer.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and allow to rest 3-5 minutes before serving.