This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Baked Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe – Crispy buffalo chicken wings don’t have to be deep fried to be delicious! This easy recipe for baked chicken wings makes a perfect appetizer or meal!
Spicy, delicious Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings are one of those favorites that are always a hit! We love chicken wings for casual meals, game nights and gatherings with friends. These are extra simple to make because they aren’t deep fried. You’d never guess these are baked because they are so crispy! Baked to golden perfection, slathered in my delicious homemade buffalo sauce and ready to devour – and they couldn’t be simpler to make!
Baked Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings
One of my husband’s favorite appetizers to order when we go to certain restaurants has always been chicken wings. But, he’s pretty particular about how he orders them. Once I discovered how traditional chicken wings are dropped into the deep fryer to cook, I just knew this would be something I could remake at home in a way that I would feel better about serving my family.
But we are a little particular about how we like them. He likes them crispy, but wet with sauce. Me on the other hand, I like them crispy, but with the sauce on the drier side. So, to be able to make his favorite chicken wings at home, while still getting the ones that I love, I knew I needed to be a little creative.
How to Make Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
To make these delicious baked chicken wings at home, I turned to my oven. No frying required. It makes making these buffalo chicken wings even easier and so much less messy!
Prep. I preheat my oven and then line a baking sheet with parchment or foil and then arrange a wire rack on top of the lined baking sheet.
Dry. To get my chicken wings crispy in the oven, I start by making sure that my chicken wings are really well dried. I pat them well with paper towels to make sure that as much of the moisture from the chicken wings has been removed so that the next step is successful.
Season. For the next step, I whisk together my cornstarch and Stone House Seasoning and then pour it over my chicken wings. Then, I lightly toss the chicken wings in the cornstarch mixture to make sure they are well coated. Since we aren’t frying the chicken wings, the cornstarch serves to help make the chicken wings have a nice crispy, crunch crust on the outside when they bake.
Bake. Then, I bake my chicken wings until the skin is crispy. This usually takes about 50 minutes. I then remove them from the wire rack and toss them in my buffalo sauce. For those who like their buffalo chicken wings wet with sauce, they are ready to be served. For those like me that like a drier buffalo chicken wing, I return them to the oven for another 5 to 8 minutes before serving.
Serve. To serve them, place them onto a platter and serve with blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing for dipping! They are perfect for parties, get togethers, watching games, and even enjoying as a meal if you like!
How Do You Get Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings Without Frying?
Dry. The trick to the crispiest buffalo chicken wings without frying is to make sure that your chicken wings are dry. To do this, you’ll want to pat them dry with paper towels.
Coat. A bit of cornstarch with your seasonings to coat your chicken wings helps the baked buffalo chicken wings to have an incredibly crispy texture without being tough and overcooked.
Serve Buffalo Chicken Wings
My family loves these wings for so many occasions! They make the perfect appetizer for tailgating or casual parties. And they are just as fabulous for a simple meal.
For serving chicken wings as appetizers, I always serve my homemade Ranch dressing, Blue Cheese dressing and my Comeback Sauce for dipping. Crisp celery sticks and carrot sticks are the perfect cool crunchy veggies to have with these spicy wings.
When serving wings as a casual meal, I sometimes leave some baked wings without the buffalo sauce and serve it on the side for kids or those that don’t like really spicy foods. For a meal, I’ll serve those favorite dressings for dipping. Fries or baked potatoes and sometimes a simple salad make these wings a much loved easy meal.
More Chicken Wings and Buffalo Recipes:
Here’s my Baked Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Baked Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and arrange a wire rack on the lined baking sheet. Spray the wire rack with nonstick cooking spray or spritz with olive oil.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel and place in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and Stone House Seasoning in a small bowl. Pour the cornstarch and seasoning mix over the chicken wings and toss until all are well coated.
- Remove each coated chicken wing and place onto the prepared wire rack lined baking sheet. Repeat until all of the chicken wings have been coated. Place into the oven and bake until the chicken has cooked through and the skin is crispy, 50 to 55 minutes. If you prefer your chicken wings on the drier side, return them to the oven for another 5 to 8 minutes once they have been coated in the buffalo sauce and then serve.
- Meanwhile, prepare the buffalo sauce according to the recipe. Once the chicken wings have cooked, remove them from the oven and lightly toss in the buffalo sauce until well coated. Serve hot with the blue cheese dip and / or ranch dressing.