This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Crispy buffalo chicken wings don’t have to be deep fried to be delicious! This easy, Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings recipe makes the perfect appetizer or meal!
Baked to crispy, golden perfection and topped with homemade buffalo sauce, these wings are just amazing! Pair with some ranch dressing for dipping and some scrumptious fries for game day, movie night, or a tailgate!
Spicy and delicious, these Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings are some of our favorites and are always a hit when I make them. I love how easy they are to make for casual meals and for appetizers alike. Because they aren’t deep-fried, they are a snap to make. Yet you’d never guess these are baked because they are so crispy! Baked to perfection in the oven, they get so golden and crispy. And slathered with my delicious homemade buffalo sauce, they are ready to devour anytime!
Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
Why We Love these Crispy Baked Wings
- No Frying Makes them Better for Us – Since these don’t have to spend time cooking in a load of oil, they are a bit better for us than eating the deep-fried version.
- Easy to Make – With quick prep of fewer than 10 minutes, these are so easy to bake in the oven to enjoy anytime!
- Delicious appetizer or simple meal – Great for football parties or a casual meal, these crispy wings are hard to beat!
My family loves buffalo chicken wings. I learned early on that traditional chicken wings are dropped into the deep fryer to cook. I just knew that I could remake them at home in a bit healthier way so that I would feel better about eating them and serving them to my family. So my recipe development and testing began.
Even though we enjoy them so much, we are a little particular about how we like them. My husband likes them crispy but wet with sauce. I like them crispy too, but not wet. And from these preferences, these scrumptious crispy baked wings were born.
How to Make Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
To make these delicious baked chicken wings at home, I turned to my oven. No frying is required. It makes making these buffalo chicken wings even easier and so much less messy!
Here’s how I make them.
Chicken Wings – Six pounds of chicken wings, trimmed.
Cornstarch – This will help give the wings that desirable crunchy and crispy crust.
Stone House Seasoning – This is my family’s house seasoning I keep on hand at all times. It’s delicious and adds so much flavor.
Buffalo Sauce – A delicious sauce that you can tailor to your level of spiciness. I keep it made in my fridge, ready to use for Buffalo Chicken Dip, these wings, or to add a kick to many other foods. The flavor is amazing!
Blue Cheese Dressing – optional
Ranch Dressing – optional
Prep. I preheat my oven and then line a baking sheet with parchment or foil and then arrange a wire rack on top of the lined baking sheet.
Dry. To get my most crispy wings, it’s important to start by drying the wings really well. Pat them dry very well with paper towels to remove the moisture from the chicken wings so that the next step is successful.
Season. For the next step, I whisk together my cornstarch and Stone House Seasoning and then pour it over my chicken wings. Then, I lightly toss the chicken wings in the cornstarch mixture to make sure they are well coated. Since we aren’t frying the chicken wings, the cornstarch serves to help make the chicken wings have a nice crispy, crunchy crust on the outside when they bake.
Bake. Then, I bake my chicken wings until the skin is crispy. This usually takes about 50 minutes. I then remove them from the wire rack and toss them in my buffalo sauce. For those who like their buffalo chicken wings wet with sauce, they are ready to be served. For those like me that like a drier buffalo chicken wing, I return them to the oven for another 5 to 8 minutes before serving.
Serve. To serve them, place them onto a platter and serve them with blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing for dipping! They are perfect for parties, get-togethers, watching games, and even enjoying as a meal if you like!
How Do You Get Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings Without Frying?
Dry. The trick to the crispiest buffalo chicken wings without frying is to make sure that your chicken wings are dry. To do this, you’ll want to pat them dry with paper towels.
Coat. A bit of cornstarch with your seasonings to coat your chicken wings helps the baked buffalo chicken wings to have an incredibly crispy texture without being tough and overcooked.
Serve Buffalo Chicken Wings
My family loves these wings for so many occasions! They make the perfect appetizer for tailgating or casual parties. And they are just as fabulous for a simple meal.
For serving chicken wings as appetizers, I always serve my homemade Ranch dressing, Blue Cheese dressing, and my Comeback Sauce for dipping. Crisp celery sticks and carrot sticks are the perfect cool, crunchy veggies to have with these spicy wings.
When serving wings as a casual meal, I sometimes leave some baked wings without the buffalo sauce and serve it on the side for kids or those that don’t like really spicy foods. For a meal, I’ll serve those favorite dressings for dipping. Fries or baked potatoes and sometimes a simple salad make these wings a much-loved easy meal.
More Chicken Wings and Buffalo Recipes
Here’s my Baked Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Baked Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and arrange a wire rack on the lined baking sheet. Spray the wire rack with nonstick cooking spray or spritz with olive oil.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel and place in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and Stone House Seasoning in a small bowl. Pour the cornstarch and seasoning mix over the chicken wings and toss until all are well coated.
- Remove each coated chicken wing and place onto the prepared wire rack lined baking sheet. Repeat until all of the chicken wings have been coated. Place into the oven and bake until the chicken has cooked through and the skin is crispy, 50 to 55 minutes. If you prefer your chicken wings on the drier side, return them to the oven for another 5 to 8 minutes once they have been coated in the buffalo sauce and then serve.
- Meanwhile, prepare the buffalo sauce according to the recipe. Once the chicken wings have cooked, remove them from the oven and lightly toss in the buffalo sauce until well coated. Serve hot with the blue cheese dip and / or ranch dressing.