This Buffalo Cauliflower recipe makes a spicy, crunchy, and delicious appetizer or snack! Made with four ingredients, it is gluten-free, dairy-free, and so easy!
Need a simple recipe that makes a delicious appetizer or snack that everyone will love? This buffalo cauliflower recipe is just the trick! Over the years, I’ve received so many emails on my buffalo wings or buffalo chicken dip asking if there was a vegan or vegetarian option. This buffalo cauliflower makes that appetizer that is simple, spicy, and sensational!
And while this recipe is written for an air fryer, if you don’t have one, don’t worry! I’ve also included the directions for making it in your oven as well!
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
I decided rather than loading this recipe with so many unnecessary ingredients; I would keep it as simple and easy as possible! And friends, four ingredients are really ALL you need for these delicious buffalo cauliflower bites! There’s no need for all of the flour, cornstarch, etc.
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
You only need a few ingredients: cauliflower, olive oil, Stone House Seasoning, and buffalo sauce.
For the cauliflower, I like to start with a large head of cauliflower that is then cut into florets. If you’d like to skip that step, you can begin with a bag of cauliflower that has already been cut into florets for you. You can find these in the produce section of your grocery store. I’ve tested with frozen and thawed cauliflower florets and while it tasted delicious, the florets were way too small for my liking.
You’ll also use buffalo sauce. I prefer to use my homemade buffalo sauce recipe. It only takes a few minutes to make and tastes amazing. I like to make a large batch of it to keep on hand in the refrigerator to mix with a bit of ranch dressing for salads or to drizzle over chicken, etc. But, if you would rather, you can use your favorite bottled buffalo sauce from the grocery store.
How to Cook Buffalo Cauliflower
Meanwhile, you’ll preheat your air fryer to 380º F or oven to 400º F. This generally takes about 2 minutes.
Add your cauliflower to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Stone House Seasoning. Toss to coat.
Arrange the coated cauliflower onto the pan of your air fryer or a rimmed baking sheet.
Air fry your buffalo cauliflower for 8 to 10 minutes or in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, making sure to shake the pan halfway through cooking.
Once done, remove the cauliflower and transfer it back to the bowl. Toss with the buffalo sauce and serve.
How to Serve Buffalo Cauliflower
Once the buffalo cauliflower has cooked to your desired amount of crispness, remove it from the air fryer and transfer it to a serving platter. Serve with the remaining buffalo sauce and ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping, if desired.
How to Store
To store. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. They are best eaten within a few hours of cooking. To reheat, heat them in the oven or air fryer. I do not recommend reheating in the microwave.
Here’s my Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe. I hope you love it!
Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe (Air Fryer or Oven)
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Preheat air fryer to 380º F.
- Add cauliflower florets to a large bowl. Pour in the olive oil and sprinkle with Stone House Seasoning. Toss to coat. Arrange the cauliflower florets in the air fryer and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower from the air fryer basket back into the bowl. Pour in the buffalo sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve with ranch dressing and blue cheese dressing, if desired.
Oven Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
- To make buffalo cauliflower in the oven, preheat oven to 400º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add cauliflower florets to a large bowl. Pour in the olive oil and sprinkle with Stone House Seasoning. Toss to coat. Arrange the coated cauliflower on prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower from the baking sheet back into the bowl. Pour in the buffalo sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve with the reserved buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and / blue cheese dressing, if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.