Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is a classic dressing recipe. Made of buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, herbs, and spices, this ranch dressing recipe is a must-have.
What You’ll Love About This Recipe
Quick and Easy. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk them together. That’s it!
Simple ingredients. It uses ingredients you recognize and can customize to your tastes.
Great flavor. Delicious tangy flavor from fresh buttermilk and seasonings.
We go through so much ranch dressing at my house! From using on our salads, with chicken wings, or even as a dip with veggies, it is one thing I keep stocked in my refrigerator! Thankfully, this recipe makes enough ranch dressing that I’m not making it repeatedly throughout the week.
Ranch Dressing Ingredients
- sour cream
- lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos
- apple cider vinegar
- Herbs and seasonings: parsley, dill, onion, garlic, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
How to Make Ranch Dressing Instructions
Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until smooth and combined. Serve.
My recipe makes about a cup and a half of a thicker style of ranch dressing. You can easily divide or multiply the recipe for the amount of ranch dressing you need.
Thinner Ranch Dressing
If you prefer your dressing a bit thinner, add buttermilk by the tablespoon until you reach the consistency you prefer.
How to Store Ranch Dressing
To store. Pour into an airtight dressing container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
To store longer. Replace the fresh parsley, dill, onion, and garlic with the dried amount listed as an option in the recipe.
Here’s my Buttermilk Ranch Dressing recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, or Coconut Aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced or 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together until well combined. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Thinner Ranch DressingIf you prefer your dressing a bit thinner, add buttermilk by the tablespoon until you reach the consistency you prefer.
How to Store Ranch DressingTo store. Pour into an airtight dressing container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week. To store longer. Replace the fresh parsley, dill, onion, and garlic with the dried amount listed as an option in the recipe.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.