This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Make-Ahead Breakfast Burritos Recipe – Stock your freezer with these easy make-ahead breakfast burritos for even easier mornings!
School started back in our area this morning and Sam headed out to our local public high school. I can’t believe I have a high schooler now. It just seems like yesterday we were picking out pencils and crayon boxes for preschool! Time sure does fly, doesn’t it.
But, as he and my husband pulled out of the driveway this morning (I think to save me from having an embarrassing crying jag in the drop-off line in front of his friends!), I headed back into the kitchen to prep these make-ahead breakfast burritos that are a family favorite. I thought I’d reshare them with you, too. You know, just in case your weekday mornings could use a little breakfast assistance, too!
Our mornings can be chaotic! Getting everyone up, dressed, fed, and off into the morning routines had me begging for a better plan recently. It seemed most of my time in the mornings was spent in the kitchen preparing breakfast for my family and feeling rushed in the process. I just didn’t have the warm and fuzzy feeling about our morning routine. We were all over the place.
Ever have one of those mornings?
Yeah, me too. More than I care to mention.
Finally, I decided to plan a little bit ahead.
I decided to go ahead and prepare my Breakfast Burritos that everyone in my family loves. After I cooked them, I let them cool and then wrapped them well and placed them into the freezer. Now, I’m all set for quick morning meals I just take out of the freezer, reheat and serve to my family on weekday mornings.
It was a definitely win-win in my book. Delicious breakfast served without all the fuss.
Here’s how I make my make-ahead breakfast burritors. I hope you love them, too!
Make-Ahead Breakfast Burritos
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 6 large eggs
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Crumble sausage into a medium skillet over medium heat and cook until done. Remove the skillet from the heat and remove the sausage with a slotted spoon. Return the pan to the heat and saute the mushrooms until tender. Remove the skillet from the heat and add spinach to top of mushrooms.
- Allow the spinach to wilt from the heat of the mushrooms.
- In a separate medium skillet, scramble the eggs until cooked throughout.
- Assemble burrito by layering with eggs, sausage, mushrooms, spinach, and topping with grated cheese.
- Wrap each burrito tightly with plastic wrap or in parchment paper and place into a freezer bag. Place in the freezer and freeze up to 3 months.
- When ready to cook, grab a few of these delicious burritos from your freezer, remove the wrapping, and reheat in the microwave until heated throughout, about 45 seconds.
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives, originally published 2010.