This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings make a favorite appetizer or meal. The delicious spicy flavor is complimented with a hint of sweetness you’ll love in this simple recipe.
These baked chicken wings are one of my favorite things to serve as an appetizer when we have friends drop by or even serve as a meal for my family. Since they aren’t fried, they are automatically lighter than their deep fried relatives!
The marinade and sauce that I use makes for a really flavorful bite as well. Slightly sweet, with a kick of spice at the end, it is impossible for me to eat just one!
Here’s my Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings recipe. I hope you enjoy them!
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion finely minced
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Whisk together garlic, onion, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame seeds, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Place chicken wings into a gallon zip top bag and pour half of marinade over chicken wings, squeeze to remove as much air as possible and refrigerate overnight up to 24 hours. Store remaining marinade in an airtight container to use when baking chicken wings.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400º F. Spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line pan with parchment paper. Place chicken wings onto baking sheet pan. Bake 30 minutes. Brush with remaining marinade and then bake an additional 15 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
I can’t wait for football season just so I have an excuse to make wings. Definitely trying your recipe because I hate frying!
Thanks so much, Amanda. I love how easy this recipe is! I think you’ll love them, too! Even my little boy requests them!
These look delicious Robyn! I’ve never tried baking wings before. It sounds super easy. The best kind of summer meal 🙂
I think you’ll like the result from baking them. So much easier!
Wow, you had me with the photos. Who can resist that beautiful color?
Can they be grilled also?
They should be fine grilled as well!
Great hot stuff
Best Recipe. I loved it. Thanks for sharing the wonderful recipe with us.
Great balance of flavor.
I’m so glad you enjoyed them, Sherry! xo