Chicken Wings make a favorite appetizer or meal and these easy chicken wings are a definite hit. Sweet and spicy, you’ll love this simple recipe.
These baked chicken wings are one of my favorite things to serve as an appetizer when we have friends drop by or even serve as a meal for my family. Since they aren’t fried, they are automatically lighter than their deep fried relatives!
The marinade and sauce that I use makes for a really flavorful bite as well. Slightly sweet, with a kick of spice at the end, it is impossible for me to eat just one!
Here’s my Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings recipe. I hope you enjoy them!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- ⅓ cup light soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Whisk together garlic, onion, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame seeds, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Place chicken wings into a gallon zip top bag and pour half of marinade over chicken wings, squeeze to remove as much air as possible and refrigerate overnight up to 24 hours. Store remaining marinade in an airtight container to use when baking chicken wings.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400º F. Spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line pan with parchment paper. Place chicken wings onto baking sheet pan. Bake 30 minutes. Brush with remaining marinade and then bake an additional 15 minutes.