Okay, I hope you saved some of that black bean chili from the yesterday.
Because here is what we are going to do with it. We’re making this Frito Chili Pie. Frito Chili Pie is one of those classic recipes that can be thrown together in minutes, if you have all of the ingredients on hand – Fritos, chili, cheese, and sour cream.
It is perfect for a quick-fix weeknight supper and my family loves it when we’re rushing from here to there and just need a quick, hearty, delicious supper.
You start with a layer of Fritos chips on the bottom of an oven safe dish. Then, you layer on the chili and a mixture of cheeses. I like to use a blend of half cheddar cheese, for the flavor, and half Monterrey Jack cheese, for the melting, stringy cheese goodness.
See, that blend of cheese is just perfect.
Here’s the recipe for my Frito Chili Pie. Hope you like it!
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips
- 3 cups chili
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese
- Sour cream (optional garnish)
- green onions (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer Fritos in the bottom of a baking dish topped with chili. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with a dollop of sour cream and topped with green onions.