This Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad recipe is loaded with crisp apples, crunchy pecans or walnuts, and sweet cranberries and topped with a delicious apple cider vinaigrette dressing that is simply amazing! The perfect fall salad!
The weather has been absolutely beautiful the last couple of days and reminds me of why this is my favorite time of the year! I’ve been spending as much time outside and up at the Barn as possible trying to soak in as much of this perfect weather as I can while I can. I will admit that I need to spend a little more time at the garden getting it spruced up for fall and winter, but have honestly just been enjoying the laziness of the garden right about now. I know, I know. Maybe tomorrow.
While I’ve been so taken with just enjoying these gorgeous days as we’ve had them, my sister reminded me just this past weekend that we only have a few more weeks until Thanksgiving and then Christmas. Seriously? Usually this time of the year, I’ve cleared out the garden and planted my winter plantings, decorated to the hilt with pumpkins and all things fall for Halloween and Thanksgiving, and have bought the bulk of my Christmas presents.
In other words, I better get with it.
Because today, I’m enjoying myself just a little bit too much!
On a positive note, I have at least decided on the salad for this year’s Thanksgiving menu. It’s this Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad topped with an apple cider vinaigrette dressing. And let me just tell you, it is absolutely amazing!
This salad makes an easy and elegant presentation to serve for special celebrations or when entertaining, but it is so simple and delicious that you’ll want it often for a quick lunch or supper!
Here’s my Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad recipe. I think you are going to love it.
- ¼ cup apple cider
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 apples, sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup roasted pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup low-sugar dried cranberries
- In a large measuring cup, combine apple cider, honey, vinegar, and mustard. Whisk together until well-combined. Continue to whisk as you add in olive oil to emulsify. Pour dressing into serving container and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, pour about ½ cup of Apple Cider Vinaigrette. Add apples to the bowl and toss in the vinaigrette.
- In another large serving bowl, combine spinach, pecans or walnuts, and cranberries. Using a slotted spoon, remove apple slices from the dressing and add them to the salad.
- Serve salad with additional dressing.