What is it about crab salad? It is so light, flavorful, and extremely versatile. It is perfect for everything from a light luncheon or picnic to a large tailgating event or even when entertaining over the holidays.
Crab salad comes together in just a few minutes, but makes an impression that lasts. For entertaining large groups, I like to serve it in small tomatoes that have been hollowed out and a dollop of crab salad has been spooned inside. It makes a beautiful presentation and always seems to disappear quickly.
Crab salad stuffed little tomatoes really is finger food at its finest!
For smaller groups or luncheons, it is great served in larger tomatoes or on a Bibb lettuce leaf or just alongside sliced avocados and tomatoes. And for more casual get-togethers, I love crab salad in a tuna melt fashion to take that classic lunch favorite up a notch or two.
See? I told you it was versatile and perfect for so many occasions.
I absolutely love it. It just calls to me.
Here’s my favorite recipe for Crab Salad that you can print or bookmark for your next Crab Salad craving.
Crab Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat picked over for shells
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 stalk celery finely diced
- 1 spring onion or scallion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce such as Tabasco or Srirachi
- Gently combine all ingredients until just well-combined. Serve chilled.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy:
+ more tailgate recipes on Add a Pinch