Fall Chicken Avocado Pear Salad Recipe – This salad makes for a delicious fall salad recipe! Filled with chicken, avocado, pears, walnuts, and topped with a Honey Mustard Dressing!
I love salads anytime of the year, but there is just something about a fall salad that includes fresh pear that makes me especially happy! Especially in this flavorful salad!
To make it, I start by dicing and cooking bacon until it is nice and crispy. I remove the bacon to a plate and then brown my chicken in the drippings from the bacon. Talk about adding flavor! My goodness. Once the chicken is browned, I reduce the heat and cover the skillet with a lid and let it continue to cook while I assemble the rest of my salad.
For the salad, I use a mix of greens. Here’s where you can use whatever you prefer, but since I love the combination of pears and arugula, I made sure to include a little in my mix. I also love to have a variety of colors and textures from my salad greens to really play off the colors in the salad. Of course, this would be great with kale, spinach, and radicchio, too! Just use your favorites.
Once I have my salad base, I begin adding my toppings of sliced avocado, sliced pear, the bacon crumbles, fresh walnuts, and sliced green onions. All of these flavors go so well together and make for a mighty delicious combo! Then, I slice my chicken, chop a bit of rosemary to go on top of it and then spoon on my honey mustard dressing.
Goodness, is it delicious and does it ever make for an incredible fall salad!
Here’s my Fall Chicken Avocado Pear Salad recipe. I hope you make it soon!
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 4 cups salad mix
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 pears, sliced
- 2 green onions, cleaned and sliced
- ¼ cup walnuts
- honey mustard dressing
- Add diced bacon to a medium skillet set over medium heat. Cook until browned and crispy, remove the bacon from the skillet with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl. Set aside. Remove all but about 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings from the skillet. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook about 3 minutes on each side until browned. Sprinkle the chopped rosemary onto the chicken, cover the skillet and let the chicken cook until cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile, assemble the remainder of the salad with the salad greens, topped with the sliced avocado, pears, onions, and walnuts.
- Slice the chicken and add to the salad. Serve with honey mustard dressing