This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Grilled Caesar Salad made a delicious twist on a classic caesar salad recipe. Ready in less than 30 minutes, the added char from the grill adds just the right amount of smokiness to the salad while still leaving it crisp.
One of my favorite salads has always been a caesar salad. I’ve raved about them with you before, but today, I have a really special version that I want to share with you: my Grilled Caesar Salad!
During the warmer months, you’ll often find me tossing romaine onto the grill for a quick lunch or supper! But, for some reason, I’d always reserved this recipe for summer.
The other day, my craving for it reached new limits so I pulled out my trusty grill pan and made it inside! So, don’t think this is just a summer salad. You can enjoy it anytime!
I start by heating my grill or grill pan to medium heat. As it is heating I cut each of the heads of romaine lettuce in half lengthwise while leaving the core intact. This helps the romaine hold together while it is on the grill. I then brush the lettuce with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle it with a pinch of salt.
It only takes a few minutes for the romaine to have beautiful grill marks. At this point, I remove it from the grill and place onto a platter for serving.
Rather than making croutons for the salad, I love to brush both sides of a piece of thick-sliced bread with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle it with salt, pepper and a bit of garlic and toss it onto the grill as well. If your grill or grill pan are large enough, you can do this as your romaine grills. If not, you can do it right after you remove it from the grill.
Add a piece of grilled chicken, shrimp or even a little steak if you’d like a protein to go along with your salad. The options are endless!
Here’s my Grilled Caesar Salad recipe. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Grilled Caesar Salad Recipe
- 3 medium heads of romaine lettuce cleaned and dried
- olive oil
- Caesar salad dressing homemade or store-bought
- Parmesan cheese shaved
For the Bread:
- 3 slices thick-sliced bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Slice each head of romaine in half lengthwise, leaving the core of the head of lettuce in place to help hold the lettuce together. Brush the cut side of the romaine with olive oil and place onto the grill until grill marks have developed, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the grill and serve with Caesar dressing, shaved parmesan cheese, and thick-sliced bread.
For the Bread:
- Brush each side of the bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Grill each side of the bread until grill marks develop, about 2 minutes per side.