These Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers make a simple and delicious dish to serve for a weeknight supper or when entertaining!
There’s just something about serving items speared onto a stick that makes my son love them even more than if I’d just served the same ingredients sans stick. For a while, I thought it was just a boy thing and then a friend of mine with daughters mentioned the exact same thing recently. Maybe it is just our children or maybe serving food on a stick has universal appeal with children.
But, I guess there is still a ton of kid left in my husband and me too then, because we absolutely love skewers as much as Sam does! There’s just something about them that make the food so much more fun while still being elegant enough for serving when you are entertaining, I think.
These lemon pepper chicken skewers are just perfect for a light, yet filling summer supper, I think. They couldn’t be easier to put together – I just cut all the chicken to uniform sizes, let it marinate for just a bit in the lemon pepper marinade that I whipped together, spear it all onto skewers and pop it onto the indoor grill. In just a jiffy, you’ll have a flavorful, delicious meal that your whole family will love!
If you have really little ones, I would recommend using wooden chopsticks rather than sharp skewers when serving. We used them all the time when Sam was a really little fella and they worked perfectly.
Here’s my Easy Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers Recipe.
Easy Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers Recipe
For the Lemon Pepper Marinade
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
For the Chicken Skewers
- olive oil
- 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 green peppers deseeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
For the Lemon Pepper Marinade:
- Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, black pepper, salt, and garlic until well-combined.
For the Chicken Skewers:
- Place chicken pieces into a large zip top bag. Pour in half of lemon pepper marinade and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour. While chicken is marinating, soak wooden skewers in water, if using, to prevent them from burning easily.
- Skewer pieces of chicken, onion, pepper, and tomatoes onto skewers.
- Drizzle olive oil onto an indoor grill pan or brush an outdoor grill with to prevent sticking over medium heat. Place skewers onto grill and grill approximately 10 minutes on each side until the chicken has cooked throughout and the juices run clear when pricked with a shark knife. Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with other half of reserved marinade.