Simple mustard BBQ roasted chicken makes for an easy meal the whole family will love. Roasted in the oven, no one would ever guess how easy it is to make this chicken recipe.
A while back, I shared my spicy mustard BBQ sauce recipe. It is perfect for adding to your BBQ sauce collection if you are having a party where BBQ sauce makes a perfect condiment or if you and your family just like to try additional sauces. Let me just tell you, it works wonderfully with chicken!
On a night when I definitely didn’t want to fire up the grill or smoker (uh, meaning the mister had late meetings!), I decided to oven roast my chicken instead. Ready in a jiffy, I basted my chicken with the mustard BBQ sauce the last few minutes it was cooking and then served it alongside my cheesy cauliflower and a salad. Yum!
Here’s my Mustard BBQ Roasted Chicken Recipe. I hope you love it!
Mustard BBQ Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 4-6 chicken breasts, legs, or thighs
- olive oil
- 1 cup spicy mustard bbq sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and place in preheated oven.
- Bake 15 minutes and then remove from the oven and baste with spicy mustard bbq sauce and sprinkle with salt, pepper and fennel seeds, optional.
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 15 – 20 minutes for a total of 30 – 40 minutes total baking time or until the chicken is no longer pink inside and juices run clear when pricked with a sharp knife and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165º F.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.