This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This cheesy cauliflower recipe makes a one dish, skillet side dish. Made of cauliflower, bacon, onions and more, it is a favorite of cauliflower recipes.
Have you ever noticed that there are some vegetables that just take on the flavors of whatever you prepare them with more than others? Cauliflower recipes tend to do that and it may be one of the great vegetables that I discovered when Little Buddy was just a wee one. Of course he loved sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, and green beans, but cauliflower was a favorite when he started eating table food. You see, although I went a bit light on the seasonings and spices then, he still loved a plate full of steamed cauliflower with a bit of cheese on it. Over the years, that simple plate cauliflower and cheese evolved to include additional ingredients and flavors.
Thankfully, this cheesy cauliflower skillet recipe couldn’t get any easier. It begins by cooking a bit of bacon in a medium skillet and then sauteing onions and garlic, adding in the cauliflower and a few other ingredients, covering it for a while to let it steam. Sprinkle on the cheese and then it’s ready to be devoured! And believe me, it is!
Here’s my Cheesy Cauliflower Skillet Recipe. I think you’ll love it!
Cheesy Cauliflower Recipe
- 3 slices bacon diced
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets and sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- Add bacon to a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook until bacon is browned and begins to become crispy. Remove bacon pieces from skillet with a slotted spoon. Remove all but one tablespoon of bacon grease from skillet. Add onion, garlic, and cauliflower slices to skillet, cooking until tender, about 5 minutes. Pour in chicken stock and add butter and parsley, reducing heat to medium-low. Cover skillet and allow to steam, about 10 minutes. Remove cover and add cheese. Replace cover and allow to cheese to melt, about 3 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
I tried this one Oh so Good ! Ty
Really really good! I add a little heavy whipping cream for a creamier taste.