This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pesto Chicken Salad makes a quick and easy recipe perfect for lunch or supper!
I am completely blown away at how quickly this summer has flown by. It just seems like a month ago that we were observing Memorial Day and making plans for all the things we wanted to do over our summer.
One thing we’ve definitely been enjoying this summer is this pesto chicken salad! It has been a staple at my house for quick lunches and super easy suppers! In fact, we love to eat it cold just as well as we enjoy it hot making it a great make-ahead dish for storing in the refrigerator for lunches on the go or even those busy weeknights!
To make it, I roast chicken breasts in the oven while I’m making fresh pesto. The pesto adds so much flavor and is essential in this easy chicken salad recipe. Of course, you could make your pesto ahead of time or even use prepared pesto if you prefer.
Once the chicken has roasted, I cut it into bite-sized pieces and then slice grape or cherry tomatoes in half and toss into the bowl along with the chicken. Then, I stir my pesto in with the chicken and tomatoes and voila, your pesto chicken salad is ready for serving! Now, how simple is that?!
Here’s the full recipe for my pesto chicken salad. I think you will love it, too!
Pesto Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 – 6 bone-in with skin chicken breasts
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes slice in half
- 1/2 cup pesto
- Preheat oven to 350º. Arrange chicken breasts on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place into oven and roast until juices run clear when pricked with a sharp knife and an instant read thermometer registers 160º F when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken, about 35 to 40 minutes. Remove chicken from the oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Once chicken has cooled, pull chicken off the bone, discarding the skin and the bone of the chicken. Place chicken into a medium to large bowl. Add tomatoes and pesto. Stir until well combined.
- Serve warm or cold. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator if serving later.