This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wraps – Quick, easy, and oh-so-delicious! This chicken wraps recipe is made with chicken, bacon, cucumbers, red onions, and a special sweet and spicy spread!
Talk about out-of-this-world delicious! This chicken wrap recipe is absolutely perfect for quick lunches or even light suppers throughout the year, but I especially love it when the weather is warm!
I love that I can make these ahead and then wrap tightly and store them in the refrigerator for grab-and-go lunches or easy suppers throughout the week! And don’t even get me started on making these for summer get-togethers! They are fabulous! Just make them ahead, wrap them up (pun intended!), and then when you are ready to serve, slice them into servings and place them onto a platter for serving! Voila!
And can I tell you something else? For my chicken wraps recipe, you can use grilled, baked, or even rotisserie chicken! Talk about easy, easy, easy!
You definitely need these in your life!
How to Make Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wraps Recipe
To make my chicken wraps, I start by spreading a little bit of my pineapple jalapeno cream cheese spread onto a spinach wrap, soft tortilla, or even on a large piece of bibb lettuce or a collard green leaf. Then, I layer on chicken, bacon, cucumbers, red onions, avocado, and fresh spinach. You’ll want to take care not to overfill your wrap (like I sometimes do) so that it closes easily.
Once you have your wrap assembled, you can wrap each tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. If you plan to serve immediately, I like to slice my chicken wraps in half to make them easier to serve and enjoy.
I also like to serve them with a little bit of pepper jelly on the side to amp up the sweet and spicy flavors even more! I love to use the pepper jelly recipe from my cookbook. It is so easy and makes enough to share or stock in the pantry for later use! Love, love, love!
Here’s my Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wraps recipe. Make ’em soon!
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wraps Recipe
- 4 spinach or flour tortillas – 8 inches, room temperature, bibb lettuce or collard greens
- 1/2 cup pineapple jalapeno cream cheese spread
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cooled and sliced into 1/2-inch slices or rotisserie chicken
- 2 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup pepper jelly optional
- Spread each tortilla (or lettuce leaf) with 1 tablespoon of the pineapple jalapeno cream cheese spread, top with a layer of spinach leaves, and arrange about ½ cup of chicken on the spinach leaves. Top with about 1 slice of bacon for each tortilla, cucumber, red onion, and avocado.
- Fold the bottom of each tortilla up about 2 inches, and start rolling the burrito from the right side. When the burrito is half-rolled, fold the top and bottom of the tortilla down, enclosing the filling, and continue rolling to make a tight, compact cylinder.
- If serving immediately, slice in half and serve with optional pepper jelly. If making ahead, wrap each chicken wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
When I click on the link for your pepper jelly, it takes me to a Wilton cake decorating tip. I’d love to see the pepper jelly recipe.
Made these tonight and Wow! The flavor profile was incredible. Especially with jalapeño jelly on the side.
I doubled the batch so we would have leftovers tomorrow.
My family loved these wraps, this recipe will become a regular in my home.
Please post a video of how to roll up the tortilla. I got lost.