Tortellini Soup Recipe
Tortellini Soup is perfect for busy nights! Made with vegetables, cheesy tortellini and topped with fresh parmesan! Ready and on the table in 30 minutes!
If you love soup as much as I do, then this tortellini soup is one I think you should add to your must-make soon list. Packed with flavor, tender vegetables, and cheese-filled tortellini.
It is perfect for rainy days when you just want something comforting, yet light enough that it doesn’t weigh you down after you eat it. We’ve had a few days like that lately and even though it isn’t technically “soup season” around here, I’ve consumed enough of this soup to make anyone believe that it is! Just think how much more I’ll make it when the air does turn chillier! Ha!
Thankfully, it couldn’t be much easier to make!
You begin by melting a little butter in a Dutch oven and then add your garlic, onion, celery and carrots to the butter to cook until they have softened. Once your vegetables have softened, pour in your chicken stock and water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and stir in your tortellini to cook. You’ll cover your Dutch oven and let the soup simmer away until the tortellini has cooked through and is tender. For this, you’ll just reference your package instructions for your tortellini to determine about how long this should take. With refrigerator tortellini, it takes about 9 minutes. With dry tortellini, it takes about double that amount of time.
Once your tortellini is tender, your tortellini soup is ready for serving! Stir in your fresh parsley and parmesan cheese, if you are using, and serve.
Here’s my Tortellini Soup Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 medium celery stalks chopped
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 (9-ounce) each package dried tortellini or 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated tortellini
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly grated parmesan optional
- Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, celery, carrot and onion to the butter and cook until the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the chicken broth and water and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and stir in the tortellini. Cover and simmer until the tortellini are tender, following the package directions.
- Stir in the pepper and salt. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Top each serving with cheese, if using, and parsley.