This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegetable Tortellini Soup Recipe – This quick and easy vegetable tortellini soup comes together in minutes for a flavorful soup recipe loaded with vegetables and delicious bites of tortellini.
Can you guys tell that I really love soup? It is one of my favorite things to have for a cozy lunch during the cooler months or even for supper.
I love all sorts of soups, too – from my meaty soups like chicken tortilla soup to white chicken chili to more vegetable-based soups like pasta fagioli, slow cooker vegetable soup and even my lentil vegetable soup. They all are filling without being heavy!
Add this Vegetable Tortellini Soup to the list of favorites! Loaded with fresh vegetables and cooked in a broth and tomato-based soup, the tortellini cooks to perfection for a mighty delicious bowl of soup every time!
Vegetable Tortellini Soup Recipe
I love that I can make and serve this delicious Vegetable Tortellini Soup in minutes! Which makes it just perfect for a quick and easy supper or even lunch!
How to Make Vegetable Tortellini Soup
To make it, I drizzle my olive oil into my Dutch oven set over medium heat. Then, I add my onion and carrots to the olive oil and cook until the onions are just translucent, about 3 minutes. Then, I stir in my garlic and cook until just fragrant, about another minute.
Now, if you are not using onions and garlic in your Vegetable Tortellini Soup, you can omit this step and omit the olive oil as well. I love to make it both ways depending on what I’m in the mood for! 🙂
Then, I add in my tomatoes, vegetable broth and my Italian Seasoning Mix. If you don’t already have this mixed up and on hand, this is a great time to throw it all together and store in a spice jar or even a small Mason jar. It is delicious added to so many dishes for a quick addition of flavor.
Once the vegetables are all tender, I add in my zucchini and the tortellini and cook until the tortellini is cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Then, I remove from the heat and stir in my spinach. The heat from the soup will wilt the spinach perfectly into to your Vegetable Tortellini Soup.
I love to serve my Vegetable Tortellini Soup with freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top, too. Oh boy is it delicious!
Here’s my Vegetable Tortellini Soup Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Vegetable Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil optional
- ½ medium onion diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic minced (optional)
- 2 cups carrots, sliced or 1 (15-ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 pound peeled and diced whole tomatoes or 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1 medium zucchini chopped (optional)
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach or 1 package frozen and thawed spinach
- grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Add olive oil, onions, garlic, and carrots to a Dutch oven set over medium heat. Cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, vegetable broth and Italian Seasoning Mix.
- Stir in the zucchini (if using), tortellini and cook until the tortellini is cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the spinach. Let the spinach soften from the heat of the soup. Add seasonings to taste.
- Serve warm with grated Parmesan cheese, if using.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
Just made, it’s a delicious. I made a huge batch, 3 gallons actually.
Very good. I served a similar one at my former Bar and Grille, and for meat lovers, I used chicken broth and 1-1/4 inch dia. meatballs which were delicious.
I made this for dinner tonight and it was a hit! Thanks for the great recipe!
This soup was fast and easy to make but it was great tasting awesome soup thank you
can this soup be frozen?
I’ve not frozen this soup, Grace, so I’m not sure how the tortellini does after freezing. Thanks!
Really great soup! I’ve made it twice so far. Family favorite. Sometimes I’ll stir in a little pesto right before serving.
So happy you enjoy it too, Tiffany! A little pesto sounds delish too!