A quick, scrumptious recipe for buffalo chicken salad ready in less than 20 minutes. Perfect for weekday lunches or weeknight suppers!
I hope y’all had a great Easter! I’m still full from all the glorious food we had yesterday – ham, potatoes, salads, you know… the really good stuff. Today, I’m sure I’ll be making egg salad with bacon for lunch and I’ve already scarfed down my fair share plus a little of ham and gruyere quiche. I just absolutely love that stuff! Today though, I decided to make it in a crust. I know. I just couldn’t contain my wild side. HA!
But okay, enough about what I’ve been eating for Easter. I want to show you what we ate the other day while we were camping! Are you ready?
I think I may have mentioned a time or two how much my husband loves the flavor of buffalo sauce with chicken or even his shrimp sometimes. The other day while we were camping, I decided I’d change up our lunch menu just a touch and make a quick Buffalo Chicken Salad. Who says you have to eat sandwiches and hot dogs while camping?!
I pulled chicken tenderloins out, used half of the buffalo sauce as a marinade to make sure there was a deep buffalo flavor in the chicken and let the chicken just hang out in the refrigerator overnight and the next morning. Then, as we came back to the RV for lunch, I quickly cooked them in a skillet and then dipped them in the other half of the buffalo sauce to finish them off.
I wish you could have seen his face when in about 20 minutes I came out with these salads!
I think it was a keeper.
Serve with your favorite buttermilk, ranch or bleu cheese dressing or do what I do – mix a little bit of buffalo sauce into your ranch dressing and then you won’t go back to regular ole ranch dressing on your buffalo chicken salad ever again. Ever.
Here’s how I made my Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe.
- 1½ pounds chicken tenders
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1½ teaspoons vinegar
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salad greens
- favorite salad toppings
- favorite salad dressing
- Place chicken tenders in a zip top bag. In a separate bowl, mix together melted butter, hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce until well-combined. Pour half of mixture over chicken tenders, close bag and make sure the sauce coats each piece of chicken well. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour up to overnight. Refrigerate remaining buffalo sauce in an airtight container.
- When ready to cook, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken tenders from zip top bag and place into skillet. Cook for about 5-7 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- While chicken is finishing cooking, pour remaining buffalo sauce over chicken tenders while in the skillet. Turn chicken tenders in buffalo sauce until well-coated.
- Remove chicken from skillet and serve on a large salad with your favorite salad toppings and dressing.
Hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
Note: If you don’t have time to marinate your chicken tenders overnight, you’ll still get plenty of flavor from pouring the buffalo sauce over your chicken tenders as they finish cooking in the skillet. I would recommend cooking them a bit longer in the sauce if you did not marinate them though.Pin It