These Cranberry Orange Muffins make the perfect little breakfast, brunch or snack treat throughout the fall that I simply adore. But, I’m definitely thinking they’ll be the star attraction on Thanksgiving morning while we’re watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade and our Thanksgiving meal is being prepared for later in the day.
These muffins are the perfect combination of tartness from the cranberries and orange with the sweetness in the cranberry orange muffin. Simple perfection, in my book.
They come together quickly and are easy to make ahead for easy entertaining if you have guests for the weekend or holiday.
Of course, I prefer my cranberry orange muffins just a little bit warm, so if I’ve made them ahead, I just warm them for a few minutes before serving.
I’ll warn ya though, they are hard to resist. So, while the recipe is sized perfectly for 12 muffins, you may want to make a few extras they’ll disappear so quickly.
Here’s my Cranberry Orange Muffins recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (+ 2 teaspoons for coating fresh cranberries, if used)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- zest of 1 orange
- ½ cup milk
- Orange Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray muffin tins with bakers spray or coat well with shortening or butter and flour, making sure to discard any excess flour from the tins after coating.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Toss together fresh cranberries and 2 teaspoons of flour to coat cranberries in a separate bowl. Set aside. If using dried cranberries, simply skip this step.
- Cream together butter and sugar until lightened in color, about 3 minutes. Add an egg, one at a time, taking care to fully incorporate before adding the other. Mix in vanilla and orange zest.
- Gently fold in flour mixture, alternating with milk. Stir until just combined. Fold in cranberries (fresh or dried) and scoop mixture into prepared muffin tins, filling about ⅔ to ¾ full. Bake until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Prepare orange glaze topping for muffins while the muffins are baking by stirring together until well-combined.
- Once muffins have baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the muffin tin. Then, remove each muffin and drizzle with orange glaze. Place onto a plate to finish cooling or serve slightly warm.