Bacon Egg Cups are a delicious recipe for serving for breakfast, brunch or snack! Great to make for a crowd or to make ahead and reheat for busy mornings!
Bacon Eggs Cups are such a delicious breakfast and brunch option! These bacon egg cups come together so easily and are just as perfect to make for serving a group as they are to make for two people! But, I even like to make large batches of these to reheat for busy mornings.
The smokey flavor from the bacon mingled with the parmesan cheese and the creaminess of the egg are a mighty delicious combination that we absolutely love! And that freshness from the green onion takes them over the top!
Bacon Egg Cups Recipe
My recipe below makes six bacon egg cups, but you can scale this recipe to make the number that you need!
How to Make Bacon Egg Cups
To make these, you’ll need these ingredients:
- Bacon – thick-cut slices
- Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Chopped green onions
Step by Step Instructions
Here’s how I make them.
Cook bacon. I cook my bacon for about 5 minutes or so and then arrange the bacon slices around the edges of the indentions in a muffin pan. This way, your bacon and eggs will be cooked to just the right amount once you add your eggs to the muffin pan. Also, this allows for a lot of the bacon drippings to render so that they are not part of your finished bacon egg cups.
Add eggs. Then, you crack an egg into egg bacon wrapped indention in the muffin pan.
Add Cheese and Cook. Repeat until all are filled. Then, top with Parmesan cheese and bake to your preferred consistency for your eggs. About 13 minutes is similar to a soft-boiled egg (a little runny) and 15 minutes or more will yield a hard-boiled egg consistency. If I am making them to reheat again for a later meal, I will stop at 13 minutes so that they are not overcooked when I reheat them.
Serve. Once they’ve baked, I remove them from the muffin pan using a silicon spoon and top them with salt, pepper, and chopped green onions.
How to Make Ahead and Store Bacon Egg Cups
To make ahead: bake the egg cups for 13 minutes as directed. Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to an airtight container.
To store: Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat, top with salt, pepper, and green onions, and serve.
Here’s my Bacon Egg Cups recipe. I hope you love them, too!
Bacon Egg Cups Recipe
- 6 slices bacon, thick cut recommended
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook bacon over medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Remove the bacon before it is fully cooked and dry on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Arrange each slice of bacon around the edge of each muffin cup, creating a circle around the edge.
- Crack one egg into each bacon wrapped muffin cup and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake 13 – 16 minutes, based on your preference for the egg consistency. At 13 minutes, the egg yolk will be more soft-boiled and at 16 minutes, more hard-boiled consistency.
- Remove each cup from muffin pan with a spoon and serve with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and the green onions.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.