Okay, not only is it pumpkin season, it is also prime time for butternut squash. And since I just showed you how to cook butternut squash the easy way the other day, I thought I’d show you one of my favorite butternut squash recipes.
Fettuccine with Butternut Squash and Mushroom Cream Sauce.
Are you drooling yet?
I’m sorry. I just wanted to make sure I got your attention.
Here’s my recipe for Fettuccine with Butternut Squash and Mushroom Cream Sauce. I think that’s the longest recipe title in all the land. Sorry.
- ½ large butternut squash
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- cooked fettucine
- fresh sage, chopped
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the onion, garlic and mushrooms until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, chicken broth and cream. Bring the butternut squash and mushroom mixture to a low simmer, gently stirring occasionally. Add Parmesan cheese into skillet and continue to cook until the sauce reduces slightly.
- Add cooked fettuccine, tossing to coat well.
- Top with fresh sage and serve warm.