Lemon bars are so light and refreshing and a perfect sweet treat as the weather warms up, which it most certainly is beginning to do around here.
They are also one of my sister’s favorite treats and it’s easy to see why. I decided to whip up a batch of lemon bars for her just to say thanks for being a great big sister. Every once in a while, it’s nice just to make something for someone you love “just because you wanna”.
Here’s how I make my Lemon Bars.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup confectioner's sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix together butter, flour, and confectioner's sugar.
- Press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Mix together eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, flour and baking powder.
- Pour over baked crust. Bake 25 minutes in 350º oven.
- Remove from oven and dust with confectioner's sugar.
- Allow to cool, cut into squares, and serve.
Who would you surprise by making something special? What would you make?