This Oatmeal Raisin Cream Pie recipe sort of took me by surprise. You see, when I tasted one of my soft oatmeal raisin cookies it immediately reminded me of the flavor of those little raisin cream pies that my Grandmother always had a stash of in her pantry.
And then, this oatmeal raisin cream pie recipe just sorta happened.
And I can not begin to tell you how much I love it. You may be thinking, “Raisins? Are you kidding me?”
But seriously, you have just got to taste these things. They are ah-maze-ing! And addictive and take me right back to being an eight year old girl sharing an afternoon snack with my grandmother at her kitchen table.
Here’s my Oatmeal Raisin Cream Pie recipe. I think you’ll love them.
- Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup vegetable shortening or coconut oil
- 1½ cups marshmallow cream
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ tablespoons milk
- Prepare cookies according to instructions in recipe.
- While cookies are baking, prepare cream filling. Cream together all of the ingredients for the creme filling recipe. Set aside until the raisin cookies have completely cooled. Scoop 1 teaspoon of creme filling and place on top of the flattened side of one raisin cookie. Place another raisin cookie on top of the creme filling. Serve at room temperature. Store covered or in an airtight container.