Remember, how I’ve been saying I was going to make my husband’s and son’s favorites for Valentine’s Day? Well, I decided to make an over the top treat for my son that included all of his favorite flavors in every single bite he took. I made Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Brownies.
Umm, yeah. I did.
Besides sounding like the longest name in all the land, the name really is just the beginning of the goodness.
Okay, so let’s just get down to business. Shall we?
First, I made our favorite brownie recipe and tweaked it just a little bit.
I scooped the brownie dough into my muffin tin and then gently pressed it down to form a crust in the muffin tin.
Next, I added a scoop of our favorite chocolate chip cookie dough into the center of the brownie crust and then baked them for about 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted came out with just a bit of crumbs.
When I took them out of the oven, I let them cool down for about 2 minutes and then ran a knife around the edges of the muffin tin to help them release. I turned them out carefully onto a parchment lined cooling rack and then plopped one of the adorable heart peanut butter cups I found at the grocery store on top.
And then the clouds opened above, the birds sang the most beautiful tune, and my baby boy who wasn’t feeling well at all gave me the biggest grin I’d seen in three days. Well, at least the smiling part is true.
I think he’s going to love my idea to make everyday Valentine’s Day, don’t y’all?
Maybe tomorrow’s creation will involve some broccoli and carrots.
- 1 recipe Chewy Fudgey Cakey Brownies
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cups chocolate chips
- 12 peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter muffin tin and set aside.
- Melt chocolates and butter in a medium bowl in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir until well-combined and smooth. Reheat in 10 second increments if needed.
- Whisk in sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time.
- Add dry ingredients, whisk until just incorporated.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin. Lightly butter your fingertips and lightly press to form a crust, causing the sides to be higher than the center of the brownie dough.
- Cream butter then add sugars and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix until well-combined.
- Add flour, sea salt, and baking soda to butter mixture.
- Mix well and then stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop chocolate chip cookie dough into the center of the brownie crust.
- Place muffin tin in preheated oven on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 3 minutes.
- Run a knife alongside the edge of each muffin tin to assist in the release and then invert the muffin tin on top of a parchment lined wire rack.
- While the brownies are still warm to the touch, turn back right side up and place a large peanut butter cup on top of each brownie.
- Serve with a big glass of cold milk and a smile.
Happy Valentine’s Day!