This Asian chicken salad recipe is filled to the brim with flavor! A crisp salad topped with tender chicken, vegetables and a delicious peanut sauce for dressing!
I absolutely love the flavor combination in this salad! Crunchy, delicious vegetables – cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, cucumber, peas, carrots, and more mingled with tender chicken and topped with a tangy peanut sauce! Yum!
I love being inspired for recipes. The inspiration comes from so many places – my family, friends, visits to favorite restaurants, and traveling. But honestly, I get more of my inspiration from what is fresh in our vegetable garden and what fresh produce is in our weekly CSA box. Those fresh vegetables just make everything taste so much better, I think.
A while back, I’d harvested the last of our peas and cabbage and had cucumbers practically coming out of my ears. Our CSA box that same week included the last of the season’s carrots, broccoli, as well as a spring lettuce mix that just begged to be eaten. I knew I had baked chicken breast in the refrigerator since it is on regular rotation at my house to make-ahead and then store in the refrigerator for super-quick lunches and suppers like this one.
So, I cobbled together the ingredients for this delicious chicken salad with peanut sauce inspired by those I’d eaten at restaurants for years. In just a few minutes, I had prepared the peanut sauce that I used as a dressing for the salad and then topped it all with chopped roasted peanuts.
It just couldn’t have gotten any easier or any more delicious in my book!
Here’s my Asian Chicken Salad recipe. I hope you love it as much as I do!
- ½ small head of cabbage, roughly chopped
- 4 cups spring lettuce mix
- 2 large cucumbers, spiralized or roughly chopped
- ½ pound snap peas
- 4 medium carrots, halved and cut into matchsticks
- 2 medium stalks celery, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium broccoli
- 4 baked chicken breast, sliced
- 1 recipe peanut sauce
- 1 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Divide and arrange cabbage, lettuce mix, cucumbers, snap peas, carrots, celery and broccoli among large salad bowls or plates. Add a baked chicken breast to each salad and top with peanut sauce and chopped peanuts. Serve immediately.