This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Boursin Mashed Potatoes make a delicious side dish that is full of flavor! Creamy mashed potatoes blended with decadent boursin makes for an out of this world recipe!
There’s just something about mashed potatoes that are immediately comforting. They are a classic side dish that works well with beef, chicken, turkey, and so many other meats and vegetables. They make a perfect dish to serve for a weeknight meal or as part of a more elegant entree.
Loved by children and adults alike, it’s just hard to beat mashed potatoes in my book! Whether you make them as roasted garlic mashed potatoes, a big bowl of smashed potatoes or even loaded mashed potatoes, they are just so versatile. But, I have to admit, one of my favorite ways to make them for special occasions has to be this recipe for boursin mashed potatoes! It takes that weeknight favorite side dish to a whole new level!
I hadn’t made them for a few months and then while we were on the cruise recently, we ate at the Crown Grill Restaurant onboard. They are known for the steaks and were recently voted as one of the “Best Cruise Ship Steakhouses” USA Today. All of the sides are served family style, which I of course loved! While I loved every morsel of my filet, I have to say that their mashed potatoes made me want to come home and immediately make these boursin mashed potatoes! The flavors are so similar! Let me just say, I couldn’t eat just one bite of those delicious potatoes on the cruise ship and definitely can’t eat just one bite from this recipe either!
Thankfully, these boursin potatoes couldn’t be any easier to make, yet taste like you’ve worked miracles in the kitchen. They are perfect for serving throughout the year, but are especially nice to serve during the holidays. Let me tell you though, be prepared for the compliments and requests for the recipe. Oh yeah, and you most likely will be requested to make them for every holiday gathering until the end of time!
Here’s my Boursin Mashed Potatoes Recipe. I hope you love them!
Boursin Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 5 pounds Russet potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ cup butter melted + 2 tablespoons cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 (5.2-ounce) package Boursin , cut into large pieces (I used garlic and fine herbs)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- Place potatoes into large saucepan and add enough water to cover, plus about 1 inch. Cook over medium-low heat until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, add half and half. Heat until simmering.
- Drain potatoes and pour potatoes back into saucepan used to cook them. Mash potatoes over low heat until smooth. Add the melted butter and half and half mixture and boursin pieces to potatoes. Continue to mash the potatoes until creamy. Then, mix well with a wooden spoon until light, fluffy and smooth. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Pour potatoes into a serving bowl for serving.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare mashed potatoes and pour into a casserole dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil or a lid and refrigerate until about 20 minutes before ready to serve. Then, place in a preheated oven at 350º F for 20 minutes.
- When you remove from the oven, top with remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve warm.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
Disclaimer: I was the guest of Princess Cruises, but as always, opinions are all my own.
Hello, I want to make your potatoes today. I made boursin yesterday so I was wondering how much boursin is in a bought package? I need to measure mine out, not sure how much. Thanks you for posting all your recipes, I enjoy all that you post. Have a blessed day. Please continue your good works.
Your mashed potatoes really look great, but foregive me for being stupid, what is boursin?
Don’t feel bad, I didn’t know either! I figured it was a type of cheese, but to be totally honest – have never heard of it! What have we been missing?? LOL
A wonderful cheese that is usually served with crackers. I think its made from Goats Milk.
It’s a brand of cheese.
I discovered this recipe years age but i don’t know from where. However, these are the BEST potatoes! They are made regularly in my house. Thank you for this post.
I would eat Boursin with a spoon. Putting it in mashed potatoes is genius.
These look ridiculously creamy! Mashed potatoes are on the menu for this week, but I may have to shake things up a little and use this recipe 🙂
Can I tell you how excited I am to have found this recipe with a green light to make ahead? Hello Thanksgiving time saver!
I love boursin cheese. I bet this is delicious.
What flavor of the boursin cheese did you use, they come in a few different flavors.
I’ve been making these for 25 years now. My kids make them now. In a pinch if i can’t get (stores out) of the Alouette Cheese I substitute garlic herb pub cheese. Still a old time favorite in my house.
Buried under 5 feet of snow in NH with more comming!
What flavor boursin did you use? And how many oz in the package?
I used a 5.2 ounce package of the garlic and fine herb flavor. I hope you enjoy it!