Boursin Mashed Potatoes make a delicious side dish that is full of flavor! Creamy mashed potatoes blended with decadent boursin makes for an out of this world recipe!
There’s just something about mashed potatoes that are immediately comforting. They are a classic side dish that works well with beef, chicken, turkey, and many other meats and vegetables. They make a perfect dish for a weeknight meal or as part of a more elegant entree.
Loved by children and adults alike, it’s hard to beat mashed potatoes in my book! Whether you make them as roasted garlic mashed potatoes, a big bowl of smashed potatoes or even loaded mashed potatoes, they are just so versatile. But, I have to admit, one of my favorite ways to make them for special occasions has to be this recipe for boursin mashed potatoes! It takes that weeknight favorite side dish to a whole new level!
How to Make Boursin Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Thankfully, these boursin potatoes couldn’t be any easier to make, yet taste like you’ve worked miracles in the kitchen. They are perfect for serving throughout the year, but are especially nice to serve during the holidays. Let me tell you though, be prepared for the compliments and requests for the recipe. Oh yeah, and you most likely will be requested to make them for every holiday gathering until the end of time!
Here’s my Boursin Mashed Potatoes Recipe. I hope you love them!
Boursin Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 5 pounds Russet potatoes, or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup butter, melted + 2 tablespoons cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 (5.2-ounce) package Boursin, , cut into large pieces (I used garlic and fine herbs)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Place potatoes into large saucepan and add enough water to cover, plus about 1 inch. Cook over medium-low heat until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, add half and half. Heat until simmering.
- Drain potatoes and pour potatoes back into saucepan used to cook them. Mash potatoes over low heat until smooth. Add the melted butter and half and half mixture and boursin pieces to potatoes. Continue to mash the potatoes until creamy. Then, mix well with a wooden spoon until light, fluffy and smooth. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Pour potatoes into a serving bowl for serving.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare mashed potatoes and pour into a casserole dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil or a lid and refrigerate until about 20 minutes before ready to serve. Then, place in a preheated oven at 350º F for 20 minutes.
- When you remove from the oven, top with remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.