This brown butter dark chocolate chunk cookies recipe has quickly become one of our favorites!
There are cookies and then there are cookies. You know what I mean?
This cookie recipe is one that you will absolutely want to keep on hand for those times you want to serve a cookie with a little something extra special.
Let me tell you, if the aroma while these cookies are baking isn’t enough to win you totally and completely over, the first bite absolutely will!
The brown butter adds such a depth of flavor and richness to this cookie recipe that we all just fell in love with them the first time I made them and haven’t lost our love for them in the bajillion times since that I’ve made them.
And don’t even get me started on the dark chocolate chunks and sprinkle of salt on top. Heaven! Whatever you do, I implore you to not skip that little step. It makes all the difference in the world!
Here’s my Brown Butter Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe. I think you are going to adore them as much as we do!
Brown Butter Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup brown butter, cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 dark chocolate bars broken into chunks, about 4.5 ounces
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Whisk together sugars and gradually add in brown butter. Mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix until well-combined. Add flour, oats, sea salt, and baking soda to butter mixture.
- Mix well and then stir in chocolate chunks. Scoop chocolate chip cookie dough onto a cookie sheet spacing well apart to allow room for the cookie to spread lightly.
- Bake for about 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.