Cheddar Scallion Biscuits Recipe – Tender and delicious, these fluffy, cheesy cheddar scallion cream biscuits make the perfect addition to any meal and couldn’t be easier!
If you are ever looking for the perfect little savory accompaniment to a meal, remember this easy as can be recipe. With just four ingredients and about 15 minutes, you’ll have these incredible cheddar scallion biscuits that everyone raves over at my house!
How to Make Cheddar Scallion Biscuits
We love them with all sorts of dishes, from soups and salads to my roast chicken recipe to serving alongside baked ham, these little biscuits are just a triumph!
For these biscuits, you’ll need just four ingredients. You’ll need:
- self-rising flour
- heavy whipping cream
- cheddar cheese
To make them, you’ll begin with the cream biscuits that were the first biscuits I was taught to make as a young girl. As with any biscuit, the key is to make sure that you just incorporate the wet ingredients into the flour until the mixture is just combined. You don’t want to over mix the biscuit dough or you’ll end up with a tougher biscuit that will not rise. Not to mention that you’ll lose all of that fluffy tenderness that you want in a biscuit. So, just be sure to mix with a gentle touch and not over do it. You’ll be rewarded for your restraint! 🙂
To that cream biscuits base, you gently fold in grated cheddar cheese and chopped scallions. Again, using a light hand for the folding.
For the cheddar cheese, I like to use a sharp cheddar, but you can use whatever you prefer. I will say that a smoked white cheddar is delicious and lends another level of flavor to the biscuits, if you’d like to give that a try sometime, too.
For the scallions, I love to make sure that the chopped pieces are large enough to be visible and add flavor to the biscuits without begin so large that they become hard to enjoy the biscuits.
Once you’ve mixed all of your cheddar scallion biscuit dough, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and then roll (or pat) until the dough is 1/2-inch in thickness. Using a sharp metal cutter, cut the biscuits and place onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment. When cutting out your biscuits, make sure not to twist the cutter into the dough as that will crimp the edges of the biscuit and prevent them from rising as they should.
Next, bake your biscuits in your preheated oven until they are golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove them from the oven and serve.
Here’s my Cheddar Scallion Biscuits recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Cheddar Scallion Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 475º F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- Add flour to a large mixing bowl. Slowly pour in heavy whipping cream and stir gently until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in cheddar cheese and chopped scallions.
- Pour biscuit dough onto a floured countertop or dough board. Gently pat or roll to about 1/2-inch thick. Cut out biscuits using about a 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on baking sheet pan, leaving about an inch between biscuits to allow them to rise and cook fully. Place in preheated oven and bake about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.