Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Roll Biscuits make a quick and easy recipe perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert! All the flavor of a cinnamon roll with the simplicity of a biscuit!
These tasty treats add a special touch to any day, but are especially perfect for Valentine’s Day! As much as my family adores Bart’s Cinnamon Rolls, these heart-shaped cinnamon roll biscuits are a definite winner in the quick and easy department!
To make them, I begin by making my two ingredient cream biscuit dough as the base. Yes, you read that correctly, two ingredients – just self-rising flour and heavy whipping cream. For the flour, I use White Lily® self-rising flour. Since White Lily is made using a soft winter wheat, it produces lighter, more tender baked goods and is flour of choice in my kitchen!
The flour and the whipping cream come together to make a flaky and absolute melt in your mouth biscuit that is perfect for these heart-shaped cinnamon roll biscuits, too!
Once you have your cream biscuit dough mixed together, you turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. You then spread melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon on top of the rolled dough. Next, you begin by rolling one long edge of the dough toward the center of the rectangle. Then, you roll the opposite long edge of the dough toward the center of the rectangle until it meets the other rolled dough. Using a sharp knife or string, cut the biscuits into 1 1/2 – 2-inch thick pieces. Place them onto a prepared baking sheet.
Then, I like to take another second or so and make sure that the point of the heart is apparent. Next, I pop them into the preheated oven and bake them until they are cooked through and golden brown, about 12 minutes.
While the cinnamon roll biscuits are baking, I mix together my icing so that once they come out of the oven, I am ready to drizzle each one before serving. While you can skip adding the icing if you’d like, but oh my goodness, I certainly do recommend including it if you can!
Here’s my Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Roll Biscuits recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- ¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 475ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray and set asid.
- Add the flour to a large mixing bowl. Slowly pour cream into the flour and stir together until just combined. Pour the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a ¼-inch thick rectangle.
- Pour melted butter on top of biscuit dough. Spread to make sure it reaches the edges of the dough.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on top of melted butter. Roll the dough, beginning at the long edge, to the center of the rectangle. Repeat from the other side for the two rolls of the dough to meet in the center. Cut dough into rolls about 1½ - 2 inches thick. Place slices onto parchment paper lined sheet pan and reinforce the shape of the heart, if needed. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through. Do not over bake.
- As the cinnamon roll biscuits are baking, mix together the confectioner's sugar, heavy cream and vanilla until well combined and smooth. Remove the biscuits from the oven and then drizzle the glaze over the top and serve.
Disclosure: I’m excited to continue working with White Lily®.