This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
What’s not to love about Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream? So rich, creamy, and topped with the quintessential cherry on top.
Whenever I have cheesecake, I always love to top it with just a little something extra – strawberries, peaches, or even blackberries work perfectly. But, never are they as delicious as my favorite cherry topped cheesecake. The tartness of the cherries mingled with the rich, creaminess of the cheesecake always draws me in.
So, as I started thinking of a fun ice cream for the upcoming holiday festivities and summer celebrations, Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream immediately came to mind.
If you’ve never tried a cheesecake ice cream, let me just tell you that you need to amend that as quickly as possible. My recipe is filled with delicious, creamy ingredients that give you an outstanding ice cream full of cheesecake flavor. Whole milk, heavy cream, and cream cheese mingled with sugar, vanilla, and a hint of salt round out this delicious ice cream recipe.
I’ve found that I like to dissolve my sugar and cream cheese into the milk and cream and mix with the remaining ingredients and then chill overnight for the best results. It helps the ice cream have the creamiest of textures and it is ready to serve even sooner!
And then serving it with a generous topping of cherries just takes it to a whole new level!
Here’s my Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into large pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch of salt
- cherry sauce or cherry pie filling
- Combine cream, milk, sugar and cream cheese in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk continuously until sugar has dissolved and cream cheese has completely combined with cream and milk. Remove from heat and add vanilla and salt. Pour into an airtight, freezer-safe container and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Make ice cream according to your ice cream maker's instructions. Top with fresh cherry sauce or cherry pie filling for serving.
- Store any remaining in an airtight, freezer-safe container in the freezer.