Rich, sweet, and creamy Apple Dip is easy and delicious for parties and snacks! Ready in minutes from a few ingredients, it’s an addictive dip for apples, pretzels, and more!
Delicious dips are always a favorite in my house for snacking and get-togethers. I’ve noticed that where I place the dips and snacks is where the crowd will gather! Cold dips like this apple dip and cookie dough dip are sweet treats, while some savory cold dips like southern pimento cheese and shrimp dip are popular, too. Hot dips like queso and buffalo chicken dip are crowd favorites as well.
This Easy Apple Dip is one I’ve made for so many years for showers, tailgates, parties, and gatherings, as well as family snacking. It’s always a favorite, and no one seems to tire of it. Mixing up the dip takes less than 5 minutes and requires only a few ingredients. While it’s called apple dip (other names are caramel apple dip, cream cheese dip, brown sugar apple dip, and more), it’s delicious with much more than apples! It does have a sweet, somewhat tangy caramel taste, so enjoy it with lots of fruit, pretzels, and more.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and Easy – Whip up this much-loved dip in less than 5 minutes in one bowl.
- Simple Ingredients – Just five common ingredients needed to make this delicious dip!
- Delicious Flavor – This dip is smooth, rich, creamy, sweet, and tangy from the cream cheese.
Table of Contents
How to Make Apple Dip
This delicious dip is made with just five ingredients and is ready in minutes!
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
- Cream Cheese – Let the cream cheese soften to room temperature. Use a block of cream cheese instead of the whipped kind in a tub.
- Brown Sugar – Use either light or dark brown sugar.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar
- vanilla extract – Use homemade vanilla or a quality store-bought vanilla.
- Salt – Just a pinch of Kosher salt enhances sweetness and flavor.
Recipe Variation: Mix in a few toffee bits for a Toffee Apple Dip with a slightly crunchy texture.
Can You Use a Sugar Substitute?
Yes! You can absolutely use an equal amount of brown sugar substitute and sugar substitute if you prefer.
- Mix. Add the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt to a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, blend until smooth, well combined, and fluffy.
- Serve. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and serve with sliced fruit or pretzels.
Keep Apple Slices from Turning Brown
Mix a water bath. Combine water with lemon juice (or lime or pineapple juice) in a large bowl in the following ratio for enough mixture to completely cover the apple slices.
Ratio: 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to 1 cup water
Cover and Soak. Place the apple slices in the water bath, covering them with the water mixture. Allow apples to soak for about 5 minutes.
Drain water. Take the apple slices out of the water bath, allowing them to drain before serving.
Serve with dip. Place the apple slices alongside the dip and serve. The acidic nature of the lemon juice and water bath should prevent the apple slices from browning for a few hours.
What to Serve with Apple Dip?
- Sliced Apples – I like to use a mixture of sweet and tart apples. Sweet apples like Honeycrisp and Fuji and a few tart apples like Granny Smith.
- Sliced Pears – Use a firm pear and slice for dipping. You can use the same method to prevent browning as provided.
- Other fruits – Pineapple, grapes, melon, and more.
- Graham Crackers or Buttery Crackers
- Pretzels – I love to serve the small twisted pretzels with this dip. The salty exterior of the pretzels tastes fantastic with the sweet, tangy dip.
Frequently Asked Questions
A full-fat block of cream cheese will work best. I would not suggest a fat-free cream cheese as it may not achieve the creamy, fluffy texture that is most delicious in this dip.
Fruit such as pears, pineapple, and grapes are delicious. Pretzels, graham crackers, gingersnaps, or buttery crackers are great to serve with fruit and this dip.
Here’s my Easy Apple Dip Recipe. Be sure to make it soon (and often!).
Easy Apple Dip Recipe
- Add the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt to a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, blend until smooth, well combined, and fluffy – about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and serve with sliced apples, pears, other fruit, graham crackers, or pretzels.
Storage Tips:To make ahead or store: Place the dip in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To serve: Remove the dip from the refrigerator, allow it to reach room temperature, and serve. It will be easier to dip once it has been out of the fridge for about 10 minutes or so. What to Serve With Apple Dip
Serve with apple or pear slices, graham crackers, pretzels, and more!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.