This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy Apple Dip Recipe is a definite favorite! Made with just a handful of ingredients, apple dip makes the perfect addition to any get together!
Okay friends, I have the most amazing, easy as can be, super simple, yet absolutely scrumptious dip recipe to share with you all. It has been served at parties, holidays, tailgating events, and just about any get together in my family that you can imagine for what seems like forever! The thing about this dip is that no one seems to tire of it. Not one single bit.
Different people call it different things, too. Caramel Apple Dip, Cream Cheese Dip, Brown Sugar Dip, etc, etc, etc. You get the picture. But it really doesn’t matter what you call it, just be sure to make it! It tastes a lot like caramel and a whole lot delicious! 🙂
Easy Apple Dip Recipe
This delicious dip is made with just 5 ingredients and is ready in minutes!
Apple Dip Ingredients
- Cream Cheese – The trick I’ve found it to be sure to let your cream cheese soften to room temperature before you make it. It makes the apple dip ultra smooth and creamy and just perfect for dipping!
- Brown Sugar – you can use either light or dark brown sugar.
- Vanilla Extract – I love to use my homemade vanilla extract or a really good store-bought brand like Nielson Massey or Rodale.
Step By Step Instructions
Mix. Add the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt to a mixing bowl. Mix well until smooth and well combined.
Serve. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
What to Serve with Apple Dip?
I usually serve it with sliced apples. But… I also love to serve it with sliced pears, graham crackers and even pretzels. It is so delicious with all!
How to Keep Apple Slices from Turning Brown
The trick to serving sliced apples without them turning brown is to soak them in water with a bit of citric acid such a lemon juice, orange juice or pineapple juice.
The ratio is 1 tablespoon lemon juice, orange juice or pineapple juice to 1 cup of water.
Make sure that all of your apple slices are covered in the water bath and allow them to soak for about 5 minutes.
Remove them from the water bath and allow them to drain before serving. This should prevent the apple slices from browning for a few hours.
Toffee Bits – It is delicious with bits of toffee mixed into the dip for a slight crunchy texture.
Can You Use a Sugar Substitute?
Yes! You can absolutely use an equal amount of Splenda brown sugar and sugar substitute if you prefer.
Here’s my Easy Apple Dip Recipe. Be sure to make it soon (and often!).
Easy Apple Dip Recipe
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch Kosher salt
- Add cream cheese, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and salt to a medium mixing bowl. Mix until well-combined and smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with apple slices.
This dip stores well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To serve, remove from the refrigerator and allow to reach room temperature and serve. Serving Ideas:
While we call this apple dip, it is also delicious served with pear slices or so many other fruits. But, try it with graham crackers or pretzels, too! 🙂