This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Easy Carrot Cake Sheet Cake recipe comes together easily and bakes into a beautiful, delicious carrot cake! Topped with a fluffy cream cheese frosting, this carrot cake is one everyone asks for the recipe!
Are you are carrot cake lover?
I have to admit that I haven’t been a fan of it until about a year or so ago.
Until then, I’d always thought of the carrot cake I’d had as a child where I had to quickly chase it with something to drink. From that point forward, I’d politely refuse it. But then, Bart let me know that carrot cake was one of his favorite cakes and I knew I had to make one that we both enjoyed!
And friends, this is it. Well, actually, the big layered, gorgeous version was first, but this one quickly followed.
I can’t say enough about how easy and delicious this sheet pan carrot cake is to make. It is perfect for when you need carrot cake for a crowd are transporting one to a potluck or get together or just don’t want to hassle with making a layered version.
While I think this cake is absolutely perfect for Easter, it really is a favorite anytime!
Carrot Cake Sheet Cake
Seriously, the most time-consuming part of the whole cake making process is grating the carrots and those are done in a flash. I use my favorite box grater, but you can absolutely grate them up in no time with your food processor as well.
The smells of cinnamon and ginger are just mesmerizing as this cake is baking, but the real winner is how it tastes!
The combination of flavors just melds together perfectly in this recipe!
And it has such a tender crumb to it!
Here’s my Carrot Cake Sheet Cake recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Easy Carrot Cake Sheet Cake Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, vegetable oil, or canola oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 3 cups about 6 medium grated carrots
- 1½ cups roasted pecans divided
- Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Preheat oven 350º F. Coat one baking sheet (18×13) with butter or shortening and lightly dust with flour to prevent the cake from sticking while baking. Alternately, coat well with baking spray.
- Mix together butter, coconut oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well combined. Mix in vanilla extract until well incorporated. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition before adding the next. Add egg yolk making sure well combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and beat until well incorporated. Add buttermilk, beating until just combined before stirring in remaining flour mixture.
- Fold in carrots, 1 cup of pecans and spread into the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until cakes spring back when gently touched in the center and the edges begin to turn loose from the sides of the pan, about 30 – 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the sheet pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
- Frost cake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with toasted pecans.