Banana Split Cake is a favorite treat! With all the ingredients you love in a banana split, this cake will be one you make again and again.
Looking for a dessert that instantly screams fun? How about delicious? Would simple and no-bake make it any better? I have just the recipe for you – banana split cake!
I just can’t wait to share the recipe for this amazing cake with you!
My sister-in-law first shared this recipe with me over 16 years ago at one of my bridal showers where all the guests brought their favorite recipe along with an item for the kitchen. Hands down that was my very favorite shower and I continue to use many of the dishes and recipes shared with me!
However, I couldn’t have been more excited when I opened the present from my sister-in-law-to-be and saw that she’d shared the recipe for banana split cake. I’d tasted this cake before at a summer supper at my then future husband’s parent’s house. She brought the dessert and after one bite we all declared it to be a definite favorite. Cool, refreshing, and full of bright summery flavors, no one will ever guess this banana split cake is such an easy icebox cake!
Let me share with you how to make it.
Start with a box of vanilla wafers and crumble them up.
Pour in some melted butter and mix well. Press it firmly into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
Layer on drained crushed pineapple.
Next comes slices of the banana split cake’s good ole bananas.
Now spread on a layer of whipped cream or topping.
Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
And arrange cherries on the top!
Pop it into the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving and then just sit back and watch it disappear!
You’re going to LOVE it!
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 (20-ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 – 5 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups whipped cream or 1 (12-ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries
- Crush vanilla wafers and pour in 1 cup of melted butter.
- Combine well and press into bottom of 9×13 baking dish.
- Combine sugar, eggs, and 1 cup of melted butter.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Pour over top of vanilla wafer crust.
- Layer crushed pineapple followed by banana slices onto cake.
- Spread with whipped cream and then sprinkle with pecans.
- Arrange cherries on top.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
I think you just might want to make it this weekend!