Frappuccino is absolutely one of my favorite coffee drinks that I order when I go to fancy coffee shops.
Of course, I don’t get to those place very often, even though just this past year, two really popular coffee shops came to our town. One opened in the hospital lobby and the other with a more convenient drive thru.
To be honest though, I only visited the one at the hospital while I was there visiting my Grandmother, but wouldn’t make a special trip to search for a parking space to then go inside and buy a frappuccino, even though I love theirs more I can even begin to fathom.
But, guess what? I made this in about two minutes at home.
I drank in about the same amount of time, too.
Here’s my Frappuccino recipe that rivals any that you can find anywhere else. Promise.
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup espresso (or very strong coffee)
- ¾ cup half and half, or your preferred milk, soy, or almond
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, or sugar substitute
- whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- Blend together crushed ice, espresso, half and half, and sugar until well-blended. Pour into glass and top with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup, if desired.
- Serve immediately.