This post brought to you by Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
Guacamole is one of my favorite things in the entire world. I love it as a dip, slathered on a piece of grilled chicken, along with any number of recipes, or even as a topping on a simple salad.
I love to go to restaurants where they make it fresh right at your tableside. The entire area is immediately perfumed with the scent of all the fresh ingredients and you know exactly what is going into your guacamole! In just a few minutes, your served a bowl of fresh, bright and delicious guacamole along with crispy chips or other items to dip into your guacamole.
But you know, guacamole is just as fast and easy to make at home.
You only need a few simple ingredients and in less than five minutes, you’ve created one of the best guacamole recipes I’ve ever tasted. And you didn’t even have to change out of your yoga pants.
We all know that the big game will be upon us soon. With that comes the absolute need for great game day recipes you can make and share with family and friends as you watch the game.
Do me a favor and go ahead and add this guacamole to the list.
You’ll be so glad you did!
With this simple recipe, you can then add so many other variations. Grilled corn makes a great touch as does grilled jalapenos or Serano chilis. The addition of the fire-roasted ingredients adds a whole new level to the flavor of this guacamole. You can also add a touch of fresh orange juice for a remarkable flavor.
Be sure to check out the other great game day avocado recipes from Avocados from Mexico.
- 2 avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- pinch ground cumin (optional)
- Mash avocado with a fork or potato masher in a bowl until the consistency you prefer. Add lime juice and salt and mix well with fork. Stir in tomatoes, onion, and chopped cilantro. If using cumin, add at this point.
- Pour into a serving bowl and serve.