Happy Sunday! If you haven’t already made brunch, I have something for you. This Bacon and Mushroom Quiche. Mercy!
But, if you have, don’t worry. You can definitely have it for a light supper tonight or another night this week. It’ll be perfect.
Quiche is actually one of my favorite simple suppers in the world. So filling and comforting, yet easy as pie to make.
And just look at all that deliciousness.
My recipe uses my pie crust, but you could always omit the crust if you are watching carbs or substitute with a premade crust if you prefer as well. Although if you’ve not tried making a pie crust, that recipe is foolproof and fabulous!
Here’s my Bacon and Mushroom Quiche recipe.
- 1 Perfect Pie Crust Recipe
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Place bacon a sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes until crisp. Remove from oven, cool and crumble.
- Reduce heat of oven to 375º F.
- Place pie crust into a deep dish pie plate or tart pan. Set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil into a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add mushrooms and onions, cooking until just tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and heavy cream until light and fluffy. Add salt and pepper until well-combined. Stir in bacon crumbles, mushroom and onions, and cheese. Pour into pie shell and bake for for 35-45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm.
If you love quiche, you’ll also love these recipes:
+ More Healthy Quiche Recipes from Cooking Light