This post is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company. As always, all opinions are my own.
Skillet Apple Crumble recipe makes a delicious, comforting, and easy dessert recipe! Filled with warm flavors, it makes a scrumptious, yet simple treat!
Now that we are into fall, we are loving the crisp air, changing leaves, and the foods of fall. My favorite fall memories growing include trips to the mountains, picking out pumpkins, and going to the apple festival. Mama would always buy baskets and baskets of apples and we knew that we’d be enjoying apple dishes before we knew it!
One of my favorites has always been this apple crumble.
Filled with crisp apples, warm spices, and a buttery oat topping that is out of this world, it makes the perfect fall dessert. Of course, adding a scoop of ice cream never hurts!
To make it, I begin by melting a little butter in a medium skillet in the oven. Once it has melted, I swirl it in the skillet to make sure the skillet is well coated. Then, I toss together the apple slices, lemon juice, 2brown sugar and then pour the apples into the skillet.
For the crumble topping, I add my Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and my pecans to a medium bowl. Next, I pour in butter that I’ve melted and toss with a fork to form large crumbs. Then, I sprinkle the crumbs on top of the apples in the skillet and bake until they’ve turned golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Let me just say, if you want your kitchen to smell like fall, this is exactly what you should make! Warm and inviting, this apple crumble is the perfect dessert to make for your family or even when company comes!
Here’s my Skillet Apple Crumble Recipe. I hope your family loves it as much as we do!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 - 4 large apples (Granny Smith, Gala, Fuji), cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Vanilla Ice Cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Melt butter in a medium skillet. Remove from the oven and swirl to coat the bottom and sides of the skillet. Set aside.
- Add the apple slices, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of the brown sugar to a medium bowl. Toss to coat. Pour into the skillet.
- For the crumble topping, add the oats, ½ cup brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and pecans, into the bowl. Pour in the melted butter and stir together to moisten the dry ingredients to form large crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs with your hands on top of the apples and bake on the middle oven rack until the apples are tender and the crumble has turned golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve warm with ice cream, optional.
2 cups Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
7 tablespoons salted butter, melted